Coby MID 7127 Review

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
I've had my Coby Kyros for a little over a week now and to my surprise I'm not to satisfied. My first thoughts on the 7" inch gingerbread tablet were that it was a sturdy very slick looking llittle tablet. I liked the touch sensitive keys (which are the home, menu, and back keys) and they haven't given me any problems. The capacitive touch screen on the other hand is decent, it lacks quick response sometimes, but I have had one instance that for around five minutes it failed to respond to my touch at all. The camera is okay you can't really expect much from a VGA type camera, I haven't used it to video chat but I would assume it would do you justice if you wanted to do such. Now onto the tablet itself, It does not come preloaded with Android Market (which we all know by now anyways) so as an alternative it comes with "GetJar" A poor looking market with no useful apps, that is unless you want to use Finger Scan Free "Trying to figure out what how your friend is feeling right now" Ridiculous right? So instead of dealing with that I install the Android Market, and to my surprise all I get when going to download an application is " ! Your device is not compatible with this item" Frustrating. You can't even download Facebook for Android or YouTube. So my next step was to use the classic google search, " facebook.apk" and once downloaded...error message. I was successful with downloading "YouTube.apk" though which was good and it works pretty smoothly. I mainly bought the tablet for playing games and I must say that unless you are an Angry Birds fanatic you will be disappointed. Because that is about the only game this tablet will play. Another favorite game of mine would be Doodle Jump, I could not even use that due to the reason the tilt sensor is set in landscape (so it seemed), and the game does not rotate. I download GTA III as an experiment to play as well...the game would load and it was only slightly playable with MAJOR lag. Other than that the tablet can't really play any 3D games. If you have any questions, please ask. I will be returning this tablet most likely and looking for an alternative.

Disavowed

Dec 21, 2011
Sorry to see you are disappointed with the 7127, but couldn't disagree more...
Ir did a little research hereand found the thread about installing Market without rooting and had Market working just fine in afew minutes. Super easy.

My only real complaint irs battery life...if thsere was a way to get rid of the cell phone apps that aresucking up juice like crazy without rooting, it'd be perfect.

For the money ($160) thirs tablet is hard to beat in my opinion. With a little tweaking and reading these amazing forums, the 7127 can be awesome. This isn't a $600 tablet or an ipad....

As for games, that's what my 360 is for. I use the 7127 for ebooks, zinio mags, the internet and email mostly, so ymmv.

I hope you have better luck with your next purchase. Not trying to flame or insult, just giving another view for people researching this tablet, like I was two weeks ago!

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
It's important that people buying any of the budget devices are aware of their limitations and capabilities and what type of tweaking and how extensive that tweaking might need to be. Some of these models are nearly useless and can't be improved very much. Some have potential if you're willing to do a little research and work.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI