Coby MID8048 USB Mass Storage Problem

seongjin12

Sep 10, 2013
Hi, my problem here is that when i connect my Coby Kyros MID8048-4 to a computer, the computer doesn't recognize my tablet.
i tried to open my "Removable disk (E: ) and Removable disk (F: ) i cant see my files inside... is there any solution to this problem?

PS: i was supposed to put Need for Speed most wanted.APK inside my tablet...

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Did you turn on USB Storage when prompted? If not, exchange your tablet for a new one.

seongjin12

Sep 10, 2013
Did you turn on USB Storage when prompted? If not, exchange your tablet for a new one.
Actually i only allowed the Usb Debugging thing on the Developers options when i connect the cord to my tablet and to the computer... did i miss something?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
USB Debugging has nothing to do with USB storage. When you plugged the tablet in you should have see a icon near the clock which. When you expand the clock by tapping on it you should have a option to turn on USB storage. When you turn it on you should then be able to access your storage through the PC.

seongjin12

Sep 10, 2013
USB Debugging has nothing to do with USB storage. When you plugged the tablet in you should have see a icon near the clock which. When you expand the clock by tapping on it you should have a option to turn on USB storage. When you turn it on you should then be able to access your storage through the PC.

Yeah i know that i should see an icon but thats my problem sir… i cant see the icon but the only thing i see is the USB Debug thing

seongjin12

Sep 10, 2013
Dude i got news! when i was about to install real racing 3 from googleplay.
When i opened it, it said "Storage media is unmounted or USB disk drive mode is switched on. Please remove PC connection or change mode to continue… So, what should i do now sir?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you're not seeing that icon when you connect the tablet to the PC, then there is a problem with the tablet. So how exactly did you root this tablet?

seongjin12

Sep 10, 2013
well actually when i rooted the tablet it was fine until yesterday when i connected it to my computer...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
These telechips appear to be prone to sdcard problems. But without having one to see what is happening there is going to be no fix.

Just guessing, some apps trigger the tablet to unmount sdcard. Then the tablet is unable to mount the sdcard again.

seongjin12

Sep 10, 2013
It's best to just return the tablet, as you will most likely never fix your sdcard problems.
I have no more warranty because as you see, when i bought the tablet, there has been already a factory defect in it... now on the tablet shop, i cant return it back because they dont provide refunds… Is there any way i can overcome this problem? Please answer…

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I can't fix what I don't have, my guess you can't fix it. Would require time and knowledge of mounting dmesg, logcat.
I won't put time into as I don't have this device and only trust myself to correctly troubleshoot and repair this type of problem.

seongjin12

Sep 10, 2013
I can't fix what I don't have, my guess you can't fix it. Would require time and knowledge of mounting dmesg, logcat.
I won't put time into as I don't have this device and only trust myself to correctly troubleshoot and repair this type of problem.
so what do you think i can do now sir?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Just use tablet as is or try and sell it on eBay. Perhaps someday, someone with one of these tablets that has the sdcard problem will provide a solution.

Sent from my Coby MID7065 using Android Tablet