Colby MID8127

Roger136913

Feb 25, 2012
Need some help if any can provide any

I have a Colby Kyros Model # MID8027
Android Ver 2.3.3
Kernal Ver 2.6.35.7
Build # 20111209

I got the Market going but it is very limited... Compared to my Samsung Galaxy phone more then 60% of the market will not show up ???????

Another thing is it won't allow me to DL the facebook app ???? Says it's already installed on my phone, which it is. I can't get any facebook app to work?

This is my Wifes tablet and we both have the Samsung Galaxy phone with facebook. So whty can't I install a free app on this tablet??? Even when I take it on either cell phone in the market while using the tablet it says it's not compatable with this device and see's it as a phone?

I hear about rooting but it looks like I dont have to do it ???????

Getjar's market it lousy would love to use the Android Market

Any help?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Need some help if any can provide any

I have a Colby Kyros Model # MID8027
Android Ver 2.3.3
Kernal Ver 2.6.35.7
Build # 20111209

I got the Market going but it is very limited... Compared to my Samsung Galaxy phone more then 60% of the market will not show up ???????

Another thing is it won't allow me to DL the facebook app ???? Says it's already installed on my phone, which it is. I can't get any facebook app to work?

This is my Wifes tablet and we both have the Samsung Galaxy phone with facebook. So whty can't I install a free app on this tablet??? Even when I take it on either cell phone in the market while using the tablet it says it's not compatable with this device and see's it as a phone?

I hear about rooting but it looks like I dont have to do it ???????

Getjar's market it lousy would love to use the Android Market

Any help?

Well you need to root the device, edit the build.prop so that is shows it's another device that has a licenses to use the market. Coby doesn't has a license that's why the market doesn't come preinstalled, the android market uses the devices build.prop to determine which apps are available for the device, a nonlicensed tablet shows the least amount of apps available.

AppleMan

May 18, 2011
Roger. I'd highly recommend one of two things. Either search the forums here or head on over to xda-developers.com and look into installing a rom like cyanogenmod7 on your tablet. It will probably wipe away many if not all of the issues you are having now. Here's a link to a youtube vid that shows what your tablet can do with this rom installed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger136913

Feb 25, 2012
Appleman

The site the video lists Welcome to your web site
I get this """""
[h=3]Welcome to your future Website[/h]In order to view your website, please remove this file "index.html" and replace it with your own index.html file

Now when I go to Lysesoft and grab the file it says and when I install it it's not the same files as in the video there is no root 24z or recovery files????

Roger136913

Feb 25, 2012
How do I root this thing??? I am a beginner at best with tablets and phones..

I did this video but he said he rooted it first? Anyone have a simple step by step instructions??

Last edited by a moderator:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Appleman

The site the video lists Welcome to your web site
I get this """""
Welcome to your future Website

In order to view your website, please remove this file "index.html" and replace it with your own index.html file

Now when I go to Lysesoft and grab the file it says and when I install it it's not the same files as in the video there is no root 24z or recovery files????

Be careful what you find and install, some things will brick your tablet, I know you are new here make sure you only install things made for your tablet. If you just want to root and you have adb installed, you can manually root your tablet. If you want a custom recovery to make backups and install zips and roms. Go to KTZ forum install my recovery and flash the market root zip once you have done that you can edit the build.prop. two edits is all that needs to be done, then you need to clear market cache reboot to recovery, clear cache and clear Dalvik Cache.

in build.prop

you change

ro.sf.lcd_density = 200
to
ro.sf.lcd_density = 160

160 allows you to find more stuff in market as a lot of stuff are for 160, you can set back to 200 anytime you want just flush market and cache like you did first time.

the second setting is

change this
ro.product.device=m801

to this
ro.product.device=GT-i9020

this tells market you have a Nexus S

you could use what your Samsung tablet has if you want.

here is a way to manual root, a little different than the way I do it but none the less would work.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/31566-howto-root-kyros-7125-a.html

Last edited:

Roger136913

Feb 25, 2012
Vampirefo

I appricate the help I realy do, I just don't understand this stuff....

I place files on my SD CARD and though it sees the card not the files as described in the vido such as rootz24 ect ect.....

Is there a site that goes over everything in order step by step and the files needed?

Man I need a strong drink lol, head is spinning....

Roger136913

Feb 25, 2012
I installed zroot and said to root it then installed the 8 files needed for the market and installed rom toolbox and when I install facebook it says it cant be unsed on this device??? I set the lcd densitiy to 160 and rebooted but it won't stay at 160?????