Complete GPS App for Android Tablet?

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
Could someone recommend a complete GPS program for the Android tablet? I have several excellent GPS apps, but none of them include maps...Is there such a program that includes USA maps? The apps I have found always need to connect to the internet, Google Maps, etc...I am looking for something that performs just like a regular GPS unit...Thanks a lot...

Steve

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hi Steve. I've heard that Navfree USA is a pretty good gps navigation app, but I haven't tried it. It's in Google Play for free. It downloads all maps so you don't need internet connection to use it. It's discussed in the Acer A500 section. Worth a try I think.

Also heard Sygic was pretty good, but after the trial, you have to pay for it.

Last edited:

Stringrazor

May 3, 2012
I just DL'd NavFree USA. It is both cool and frustrating. It is free and you can select which state maps you need to DL so it can work when offline, however, I have found the CA map to have at least one GLARING hole. For example, I am setting up a few points for a business trip. I'll be flying into SFO and driving to Redwood City. Well, it does not have SFO listed as a point of interest (POI)! I cannot imagine a bigger hole. If I search for SFO in Google I can "pin it" but I guess the coordinates are off-street and it can't calc any route to/from. I had to pin points on the North and South-bound Bayshore freeway and may to/from routes based on those points. I find the UI non-intuitive but I am new to it. Still for a free app, it looks like it can be useful if you can live with the maps.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Try co pilot which is about $5 and allows offline navigation. I used it for a while with my nook color and Bluetooth gps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep, CoPilot is another one I have heard good things about.