Connecting to cellphones (non-smart) for internet AND 3.x tablet recommendations

heroicslug

Oct 10, 2011
Hi all,

I found something interesting on the Archos page:

[h=2]Tethering (Using your portable phone as a modem)[/h]Want to be connected anywhere? Just plug your mobile phone equipped with 3.5 G & Bluetooth™ technology, simply pair it up to your ARCHOS 101 internet tablet via Bluetooth or even via USB cable. This will give you easy access to Internet directly on your device anytime and anywhere. There is no need to pay an extra fee when you already have a data service plan***.

This is something I must have on my next tablet. The tablet they offer this feature on is underpowered and overpriced compared to others on the market now, unfortunately.

That said, Does anyone know of a Honeycomb tablet that supports this?

Does someone own the Archos 101 who has experience with this tethering functionality?

My particular phone (LG EnV Touch) appears to NATIVELY support many BT transfer options, including DUN.

Maybe someone more familiar with 3.x Android can tell me: can you connect through bluetooth DUN without much hassle?

Half the fun of a tablet is internet connectivity, and since I have a data plan on my phone, might as well use it.

On an unrelated note, I'm looking for a Honeycomb tab. Any recommendations? Ideally between $300-$400.