Connecting to PC by USB doesn't work

JeffSmith

Nov 30, 2011
I've tried connecting my Superpad 3 to the PC using a USB cable. I expected the device to appear on the PC as an external drive. Nothing. Not a thing shown on PC or on tablet. Tried Windows and Linux Ubuntu.Is there someting I am missing?Do I need a special cable?

pepe

Dec 13, 2011
open up home screen with launcher pro/then push somewhere on the screen and hold until a menu comes up/ scroll down to shortcuts/then in that menu scroll down to activities/select/ then scroll down long list to settings/in that list another long one scroll down to development/select and it should put a shortcut on the home screen/ open up and you will find usb debugging check the box and thats it the usb slots should work. you can the go back to Home screen and open up in the normal way which takes you backk to your original home screen. Hope this helps you? I have tried loading Plane Finder on mine but it just comes up Item not found and bunny shooter which the kids love but that locks up when you press play. I think i am having trouble with paid apps. and the tablets just recognise an old andriod phone of my grandsons through his old google email that i have loaded everything with. keep plugging away is suppose good luck pepe.

Last edited:

pepe

Dec 13, 2011
this is the link to you tube where i got info from

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffSmith

Nov 30, 2011
Pepe - thanks for reply. I've seen another of your posts elsewhere about the USB ports being switched off. So - am I understanding this correctly - you think the ports are switched off and by going down that long route with Launcher Pro I can switch them on?

But I have previously, successfully connected a memory stick to the USB ports and uploaded some pics - so I don't think the ports are switched off.

I will try your suggested fix and see what happens.

Thanks for your post.

JeffSmith

Nov 30, 2011
Pepe,

I tried the route through Launcher Pro to get to USB debugging turned on. However it made no difference - still not recognising the PC when I plug it in via a USB cable, or my PC recognising the tablet.

When I attach a memory stick to the USB cable the tablet recognises it OK.

So - how does one get a PC to recognise the tablet - or vice versa? Are there some other settings that I need to set?

Any body else?

Is this a generic question that I need to post somewhere else in this forum?

MaBaker

Nov 17, 2012
I had similar problems, when tried to connect to win XP.
The solution was to install an update, that made XP capable of handling exFAT partitions.

Download Update for Windows XP (KB955704) from Official Microsoft Download Center

I've tried connecting my Superpad 3 to the PC using a USB cable. I expected the device to appear on the PC as an external drive. Nothing. Not a thing shown on PC or on tablet. Tried Windows and Linux Ubuntu.Is there someting I am missing?Do I need a special cable?

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I hate to say this, but I have not yet seen ANY SuperPAD-type (InfoTMIC) device connect to ANYTHING but their IUW program.
EXCEPT for the eMATIC EGL25BL which is actually zenithink-based (z128a IIRC).

As far as I can tell, they did not bother to put that functionality into the U-boot OR the kernel...

... and I havent had any luck so far getting it to work either. But I'll keep trying! :D