Connecting to PC with USB

jhig1961

Nov 27, 2011
Anyone else having problem connecting to PC with USB cable after honeycomb update? I plug it in ang get nothing.

yottabyte

Mar 14, 2012
Same here. When I connect the VTAB1008 to USB, I hear the standard Windows connect sound (and the disconnect sound when unplugging the USB cable) but I never see the connected drive. FWIW, I'm running ADW launcher v 1.3.3.1. Not really a show stopper, since I can connect over WiFi using ES File Explorer) but would like to get this connection working again.

yottabyte

Mar 14, 2012
Don't have a problem accessing the external SD card from the VTAB8000. It's the USB connection with a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC that doesn't work.

yottabyte

Mar 14, 2012
VTAB8000 USB connection works just fine on a Compaq Notebook PC running 64-bit Windows 7 Premium with an AMD CPU, but nogo on the desktop running 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate with an Intel i7-2600K.

yottabyte

Mar 14, 2012
VTAB8000 USB connection works just fine on a Compaq Notebook PC running 64-bit Windows 7 Premium with an AMD CPU, but nogo on the desktop running 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate with an Intel i7-2600K.

Just tried it successfully on another notebook: HP DV2000 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate with an AMD CPU. No more systems to try...mus be something with the desktop PC.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Don't have a problem accessing the external SD card from the VTAB8000. It's the USB connection with a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC that doesn't work.

Hmm, maybe you can try clearing the device from the device manager on the pc, then plug it back in and see if it is recognized.

yottabyte

Mar 14, 2012
Just tried it successfully on another notebook: HP DV2000 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate with an AMD CPU. No more systems to try...mus be something with the desktop PC.

VTAB1008 device appears in Devices and Printers on Desktop Windows7 Ultimate system, but with no drives.
"There is a problem with the driver for the USB Mass Storage Device"...reinstalled device driver
VTAB1008 Properties...Unknown Device...Device Status:The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

VIZIO downloads site (http://www.vizio.com/vtab1008.html#support) has "Windows USB Drivers for Android: Windows USB Drivers for Android"... file "1139VTAB1008USB.zip" contains folders "amd64" and "i386" but no installers.

yottabyte

Mar 14, 2012
VTAB1008 device appears in Devices and Printers on Desktop Windows7 Ultimate system, but with no drives.
"There is a problem with the driver for the USB Mass Storage Device"...reinstalled device driver
VTAB1008 Properties...Unknown Device...Device Status:The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

VIZIO downloads site (VTAB1008 | VIZIO) has "Windows USB Drivers for Android: Windows USB Drivers for Android"... file "1139VTAB1008USB.zip" contains folders "amd64" and "i386" but no installers.

Got the Windows USB Drivers for Android installed. Device is now recognized as "Android Composite ADB Interface" but still no drives.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
On my HP Omni 220 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit I didn't have to do anything the Vtab automatically downloaded the drivers the first time I plugged it in after I updated to honeycomb. To see my files I went to (my computer). Once there I see Vtab 1008 Media Player when I click the Vtab my SD Card shows up with all its content and how much room I have left. I then can move files back and forth from the Vtab and my computer with no problems. I just added another 30 or so photos with no problems what so ever after the Honey Comb update.

Here's a link to Vizio's website, once there click support and there is a link to Android drivers for Windows.

http://www.vizio.com/accessories/vtab1008.html

Sorry I see the link was already provided earlier in the thread.

Jim

Last edited:

yottabyte

Mar 14, 2012
Got the Windows USB Drivers for Android installed. Device is now recognized as "Android Composite ADB Interface" but still no drives.

If the VIZIO-provided USB drivers were already installed, uninstall them and be sure to also remove the driver files! This will generate a new entry in Device Manager...Other Device...VTAB1008 with a yellow exclamation point!
Right-click VTAB1008 and select "Update Driver Software"...
Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer...”
Scroll down in the Manufacturer window (left side) until you get to Portable Devices, highlight it and click next.
Click "Standard MTP Device"
Click "MTP USB Device" in the Model window (right side) and click on NEXT
Click YES to the Update Driver Warning
VTAB1008 should now be listed under Portable Devices

stevepike

Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for resovling the issue of not being able to access the tablet from my PC after the honeycomb update.