connecting to tv

aliceash1

Nov 12, 2013
I have the relevant cable to connect my transformer eeepad to the tv, but it doesn't work! Do I have to "tell" the tablet that it has another screen? If so how?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

There are a few possibilities for it not to work. The most common is that the TV doesn't autosense the connection, Changing the input at the TV would correct that. Another possibility is a bad cable, or at least one that isn't functioning correctly. Also see if it makes a difference if your TF is powered.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi aliceash,

Congratulations on your Transformer and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. My TV won't recognize a device plugged into either of it's HDMI ports unless the device is already turned on when I switch the TV to that source. Otherwise the TV continues "Searching For Signal" forever and never finds it. Also, some tablets have a setting to turn on HDMI output. None of mine do, but perhaps the Transformer does.

Enjoy the forum and your tablet!

aliceash1

Nov 12, 2013
Thanks spider, but I am a complete novice, how would I find out how to turn the HDMI output on? I checked my cable & it looked like it was broken, so I took it back & got another one which is fine, but I still can't get it to work!! When I connected my old net book I had the same problem, but found out that it wouldn't connect automatically & I had to go into settings & add the tv as another monitor!! It's so frustrating!!:(

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I had to go into settings & add the tv as another monitor!!

Hi again Alice, you would do the same thing on the transformer that you did for that old netbook. Go into the settings and see if there's one that relates to the HDMI output. Most likely, it would be a switch that turns it on and off like the one for your WiFi. I don't know enough about that tablet, so I'm going to move your thread to the forum for you. Hopefully, the folks there will be able to help you in case the solution isn't in the settings. It would probably help if you could add the model number of your tablet to the Tablet / Device entry in your profile. (TF300, TF700 etc.)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
How do I enable HDMI through my tablet.

Hi Ann, congratulations on your Asus Transformer and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Did you check the settings to see if there's one for turning the HDMI output on? Make sure the tablet is on and connected before selecting the HDMI on the TV?