connects to wi-fi; browser, market, gmail, and more do not work

gumbyshu

Sep 23, 2011
Hi,

I'm fairly new. Got a new Acer Iconia Tab A500, and it connects to Wi-Fi just fine. But when it comes to running apps on wi-fi, it fails. It throws up a message saying that the program closed unexpectedly, then returns me to the home screen, or the apps screen. I can't do anything online; gmail, browser, market, clear.fi, maps, navigation, social. Oddly enough, however, YouTube and the Nook app work. I am thoroughly confused.

Tech Support has been no help so far. I've tried a hard reset, resetting the factory settings, holding the power key and the volume up key, and so far have bupkis to show for it.

Feeling a little screwed here, so if there's anyone out there who can help me, I would really really really really appreciate it.

Thanks

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Tell us exactly what happens when you open your web browser .

Also, when you go to
Settings / Wireless and networks / and tap on the wireless name that says "Connected" on it, what does the pop up screen say (all 5 lines)?

rsoneill21

Oct 14, 2011
I had the same problem and i saw the time was. So I went to Settings/Date & Time/Automatic date & time is checked

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi,

I'm fairly new. Got a new Acer Iconia Tab A500, and it connects to Wi-Fi just fine. But when it comes to running apps on wi-fi, it fails. It throws up a message saying that the program closed unexpectedly, then returns me to the home screen, or the apps screen. I can't do anything online; gmail, browser, market, clear.fi, maps, navigation, social. Oddly enough, however, YouTube and the Nook app work. I am thoroughly confused.

Tech Support has been no help so far. I've tried a hard reset, resetting the factory settings, holding the power key and the volume up key, and so far have bupkis to show for it.

Feeling a little screwed here, so if there's anyone out there who can help me, I would really really really really appreciate it.

Thanks

Are you signed in to your google account? That will stop you accessing gmail, the market, and other things.

Oct 15, 2011
Oh My God...That's why I joined tonight. I got this thing and it sucks. Google is insane with the crap they throw at you. I woke up one day and that was it...I want to clear it all out and use my MMX server for private mail....Have you learned how to fix it yet?

David

Hi,

Thanks

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
What the hell is a MMX server?

And why would anyone have a problem deleting a mail account from the build in app? Its as simple as falling off a log.