Contact DidoBuy

Vikkirice

Nov 5, 2012
Hi all,

I purchased a Tablet (Ployer momo 12) from DidoBuy in the UK. It has now developed a fault and I need to return it. The company address on the website has changed since I purchased it and is now listed in Cardiff, however Google maps shows the address as a self storage unit. There is no answer on the phone number I have used previously nor have I had a reply to my email.

They are listed as a supporting vendor on here so was hoping someone could provide contact details.

Thanks

Vikki

Vikkirice

Nov 5, 2012
Not sure if they have read this post, but I have now had an email reply. Hopefully it will be trouble free from here. I will keep the thread updated.

Nigelb

Feb 25, 2013
I bought 3 momo7 tablets from Didobut at Christmas and at first thought they were fine. However in January 1 developed a fault with the USB port with the internal connector completly falling out. After a bit of chasing, Didobuy eventually answered the phone and agreed to exchange the unit - althought they insisted that I had to pay for the carriage and even though their own website says they will pay for warranty claim carriage charges!
Now only a month later another tablet has developed the same fault with a USB port fault and the unit will not charge. I have so far failed to get any answer to phone or e-mail It would be useful if anyone could tell me if this company has dissappeared and do I now need to contact trading standards to sort this out. These units abviously have a manufacturing fault and so I really now want a full refund.

jangeisler

Feb 25, 2013
I have emailed them regarding the postage charges too, not had a reply as yet. Tempted to drive to Cardiff and see what is there.
I would be VERY happy if you did so :)

In the end of december, I ordered a Yuandao n101 II from them. I recieved it pretty fast, and by calling them, they answered their phone.
When I recieved the tablet, there was a defect on the touch interface (which apparently is on all n101 II). After ½ month of trying to fix it myself by installing different firmware, I
wrote Didobuy. They recommended that I flashed the tablet with a custom firmware.

As this didn't work in the end, they agreed to let me send the tablet back to them. I asked if I could get the momo 12 instead, but of course, they wanted to see the defect for themselves.
Now, they should've recived the tablet 1 week ago. When I write them, they don't reply.

From my experience, it seems as though they're honest enough, but that they've got lousy customer service. (At least I hope so, as I want to get my tablet)
That's sad, because customer service is what you gain customers on.

I really hope, that they haven't "pulled the plug", as I've paid for the tablet I sent back.
..Oh, and yes, they won't refund the postage from Denmark claiming that it's because they have a "7 day money back" guarantee. I think that they should, in the case that the tablet isn't working.

Nigelb

Feb 25, 2013
Maybe they are reading this thread - as I suddenly got an e-mail last night from a "Mike" in response to my numerous e-mails asking me to sent the tablet back to Hughdeal Ltd in Cardiff

I have reponded asking him what the deal is with "Hughdeal" and their relationship with Didobuy and about the carriage charges but have so far received no response. Suppose I have to decide whether to trust that if I send the tablet back, that they will actually return a replacement.

Vikkirice

Nov 5, 2012
I too have had a reply asking me to send it back to Cardiff. I've also asked if I can return it in person and get a refund. No luck with a reply as yet. Sent an email asking them to respond today.

jangeisler

Feb 25, 2013
When I sent my tablet back to them, I sent it to the adress that they provided me with as a priority letter, and they should've recieved last week or so.
A couple of days after I wrote them and asked about what they had found out, Mike replied saying that they hadn't recieved the tablet yet..... :-(
I hope that they will get a grip, and do something about their customer service....

Nigelb

Feb 25, 2013
Update - since I had the Royal Mail tracking info, I know they had received the tablet and e-mailed them and asked again for confirmation they are going to replace it. I finally got an e-mail from "mike" confirming receipt and saying they will "replace & send back ASAP" We will see if or when it arrives and still answer re the carriage charges.

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
Hello everyone,recently we moved to new office in Cardiff.
To jangeisler: Your return tablet was received,after the factory reset,Multi-touch is working.It seems this function maybe disable.
To Nigelb: Replace tablet was collected on 2th March.Royalmail tracking number is JA093159551GB.
Thanks.

Nigelb

Feb 25, 2013
To Didobuy: I appreciate that you have dispatched a replacement tablet and I will confirm when it arrives (not arrived as of today). However I still dispute the fact that Didobuy has not refunded the carriage charges for sending 2 tablets back so far. The Didobuy web site still clearly states and I quote " In all cases of returns and exchange policies the responsibility of paying any postal or delivery charges associated with returning products back or replacement products being send out lies with the party at fault. When does didoBuy.com pay? - If there is a technical fault with the product either inside the 7 Day period." Since I bought 3 tablets and I am out of pocket for the carriage for replacing 2 so far, I think this should be sorted out as soon as possible .

Nigelb

Feb 25, 2013
Update - I have now received the replacement Momo7 tablet and it appears to be working ok - Thanks. Hopefully the last one of the 3 I bought at Christmas still works ok, as I do not want to go through this process again. I still however wait for Didobuy to respond as to why they will not refund carriage charges when it is clearly a manufacturing fault

Vikkirice

Nov 5, 2012
Hi,

Sorry I haven't posted an update lately, had a death in the family so been away.

Didobuy have replied saying I can return the tablet in person, now waiting to hear if they will give me the replacement product the same day.

With regards to return postage they are obliged by law under the sales of goods act to cover the cost when the product is faulty. Have yet to raise this with them yet.

Vikki