Copy/Paste not working in Gmail

OldDogEyes

Mar 4, 2011
I wanted to copy/paste a url from Opera into Gmail. I was able to long press the url in Opera and copy it to the clipboard but was unable to paste it into a gmail message that I was composing.

I was able to verify that it did copy to the clipboard because I was able to paste it into a ColorNote note.

I'm guessing that this is a Gmail issue? Are there any workarounds or fixes? How can I find out the Gmail version#? Gmail doesn't show up in the manage applications section of Nook Color Tools...,

Thanks
Doug

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I wanted to copy/paste a url from Opera into Gmail. I was able to long press the url in Opera and copy it to the clipboard but was unable to paste it into a gmail message that I was composing.

I was able to verify that it did copy to the clipboard because I was able to paste it into a ColorNote note.

I'm guessing that this is a Gmail issue? Are there any workarounds or fixes? How can I find out the Gmail version#? Gmail doesn't show up in the manage applications section of Nook Color Tools...,

Thanks
Doug

Its the app itself. Copy and paste doesn't work for Android 2.1 versions of the gmail app. Google first incorporated copy and paste for Android 2.2 gmail app.

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
try to open the url with the default navigator and then paste to gmail it works for me

gmail 1.3

Last edited: