Couple of questions

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
Hi I want to take advantage of the $50 discount being offered by B&N, so gonna buy it tonight. A couple of questions before I go ahead:

1. B&N only ships to US. Anyone heard of myus.com? I just paid them $10 for an account and apparently they give you an American address and forward the item on to wherever you live (New Zealand in my case) for a further shipping fee (roughly around $50 for the Nook Color). Just wondering if anyone has used/heard of them before?

2. How do you carry around your Nook Color? I was considering getting the B&N Industriell Cover in Storm but would it kill the beauty of the Nook Color? But then if it does, how else have you guys been carrying yours around?

3. It all comes to
- $200 Nook Color after $50 discount
- $30 Industriell Cover in Storm
- $16 Florida Sales Tax or something
- $10 MyUS Account Registration
- $50 Shipping to New Zealand by MyUS
- $30 for Transcend MicroSD 8GB Class 6 (buying locally)
- Total of $336 (what do you guys reckon? good or could do better?)

Thanks!

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
1. Never heard of. 2. See this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/3600-nookcolor-accessories.html. 3. Is that a mix of US and NZ dollars? Seems like a pretty good deal to me considering the complications of sending outside of the US. You are still coming in below most other tablets. I guess another option migh be to try ebay and see if you can get international shipping.

-JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
They sell the Nook at Best Buy, perhaps they ship internationally. Knowing as I know what kind of tablet I can have after rooting it, yes I wouuld pay$ 336 for a Nook......is still a great deal.
Gloria

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
hey cheers for your replies guys. nah bestbuy doesnt ship to new zealand either lol

ended up buying the nook color off the official b&n store in ebay and used the $50 discount code. getting them to ship it to the address provided by MyUS.com

estimated delivery is between 4th March and 10th March to the MyUS.com address and a further 3-5 days from there to new zealand via DHL/Fedex. So not expecting it for a couple of weeks. Ordered a Transcend 8GB Class 6 microSDHC and a black sleeve instead of the Industriell Cover in Storm cover.

Revised Summary of what i ended up buying (all in USD currency):

- $200 Nook Color after $50 discount

- $15 Florida Sales Tax or something

- $10 MyUS Account Registration

- $50 Shipping to New Zealand by MyUS (estimated delivery between March 4 and March 10 to MyUS address and another 3-5 days to NZ. So expecting around March 15 worst case scenario).

- $30 for Transcend microSDHC 8GB Class 6 (ordered locally)

- $15 for 7" black sleeve (ordered locally)

- Total $320 USD = approx 430 New Zealand Dollars. As an estimate iPad 16GB Wifi retails at $815 NZD (New) and $699 NZD (Refurbished). So I am pretty happy that ive got it around the half-price range which was my aim all along

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep, that is pretty good. It comes out about the same here as far as cost compared to other tablets. In that sense you are still getting a great deal. Now comes the hardest part... waiting.

frodo

Feb 5, 2011
Don't want to poop on your purchase - but in future, maybe have a look at comgateway.

Their US shipping address is Oregon, so no state tax. Shipping to Aus with them is around US$38, so possibly not much more and maybe even less to NZ.

whichever way you will love the nook!

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
true. chose myus because it was one of those featured google results thing. didnt know about comgateway but might mark them down for future reference. i guess its alright since its a matter of only 20 bucks. cheers, cant wait for the NC! :D

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Nice deal. I had to shell out nearly 380 USD