CR booting into blank screen

Hunterjones35

May 20, 2011
Ok guys and girls, here's one for you. I'm new to the gtab and when it first arrived I researched the route to rooting and flashing. I am currently still in stock, OTA updated TnT and rooted with Z4root. So far so good. But when I flashed CW 3.0.0.8 with ROM Manager, the tablet does not boot into recovery through ROM Manager and it seems to not want to make a backup of the stock ROM. Whenever I try to boot into recovery, it just goes to a blank screen even if I reboot with recovery key, it will show "recovery key detected" on the home screen but then just goes to black screen. I can always recover back to TnT by using a long key press on the start button.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

beastman

May 8, 2011
hold the volume button and press the button to turn it on. Clockwork will boot into whatever you told it in the Rom manager

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER... You can softbrick your device.

Unless your using the ROM that Peter has talked about.

Hunterjones35

May 20, 2011
hold the volume button and press the button to turn it on. Clockwork will boot into whatever you told it in the Rom manager

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

I have tried this method but it just boots into a blank screen. Alternately, I have tried to do a factory reset and when the gtab reboots it desplays the bird splash screen for a few seconds and then the screen goes blank. I think that the Clockwork Mod did not flash properly, is there a way to reflash it or repair it?

Hunterjones35

May 20, 2011
DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER... You can softbrick your device.

Unless your using the ROM that Peter has talked about.

Ok, so I have uninstalled Rom Manager and I still have the booting issue I decribed above. Will this take reflashing back to stock rom and starting over? How can I do that if I can't get to CWReccovery?

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
If you just want to flash CWM, then there are a few methods:

. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...om-rom-flash-player-market-fix.html#post64558
or
[STICKY][GUIDE]NVFlash Procedure to Load ClockWorkMod (CWM) - xda-developers
or
Download CWM version of your choice, then unrar it. There will be a recovery folder and an update.zip file. Inside the recovery folder there is a command file (without any file extension). Use notepad to open it and change:
From
--update_package=SDCARD:/update.zip
To
--update_package=SDCARD2:/update.zip
Then save (make sure the command file has no file extension)
Copy both to a root directory of an external sd card. With the tablet powered off, insert the card to the tablet then boot into recovery.

If you wish to flash back to stock firmware, one of a many different methods is listed here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rc1-most-popular-rom-gtablet-3.html#post84866

Dave,

Last edited:

Hunterjones35

May 20, 2011
If you just want to flash CWM, then there are a few methods:

. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...om-rom-flash-player-market-fix.html#post64558
or
[STICKY][GUIDE]NVFlash Procedure to Load ClockWorkMod (CWM) - xda-developers
or
Download CWM version of your choice, then unrar it. There will be a recovery folder and an update.zip file. Copy both to a root directory of an external sd card. With the tablet powered off, insert the card to the tablet then boot into recovery.

If you wish to flash back to stock firmware, one of a many different methods is listed here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rc1-most-popular-rom-gtablet-3.html#post84866

Dave,

Thank you Dave for heping me continue to resolve my issue. I will report back my successes (or failures). I very much appreciate your assistance and will continue to educate myself. :)

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I use rom manager regularly... works fine for me.. the only caveat is i have to hold the vol key when i select reboot to recovery... I have even used it to flash versions of clockwork recovery from the standard version that works better with CM7 and then back to the .bekit version modified to access the internal sd that works better with other standard roms.... have used it on all my roms...

I did use the method listed in the stickies to initially put clockwork recovery on my device though...