Craig CMP714e tablet frozen at Android splash screen

hsonline

Mar 29, 2013
Hello everyone! I am a brand new Android user. I have worked with Microsoft and Apple products for years, but this is my first time with Android products, and I'm at a loss.

My CMP714e tablet, which I purchased at a local CVS Pharmacy will not go past the Android splash screen. I connect it to my Windows XP desktop and I do get "new device found", but it fails to install the device. I've searched for, and downloaded the firmware for this tablet from Craig Electronics, the manufacturer, and I'm ready to burn the firmware to the device, if that's what it takes, but I don't know how to get it recognized on my computer for the Android utility programs to find it.

Is there a Windows driver, or maybe I should say an Android driver for Windows that I can download onto my Windows XP Pro machine to install this device?

What else might I need to do to get this tablet past the splash screen?

Thank you for all your help!

Henry

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Henry, congratulations on your new Craig tablet and welcome to the forum and Android. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Craig Tablets forum for you, where more people with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

spock1104

Feb 9, 2013
There's actually two versions of the CMP741e, it seems without any identifying marks to tell them apart either. They have slight hardware differences (the touchscreen controller) and Craig only released a recovery image for one of them. I built an image that has seen success on the other model, and I recommend you try it. Dev-Host - CMP741E_GT811.img Follow the Craig recovery instructions again but instead of using the .img file they provided, use this one. Let me know how it goes.

klw

Jul 5, 2013
There's actually two versions of the CMP741e, it seems without any identifying marks to tell them apart either. They have slight hardware differences (the touchscreen controller) and Craig only released a recovery image for one of them. I built an image that has seen success on the other model, and I recommend you try it. Dev-Host - CMP741E_GT811.img Follow the Craig recovery instructions again but instead of using the .img file they provided, use this one. Let me know how it goes.

SPOCK! I have gone to this site 10 times I find it easily but there is no file to download or I am missing something. My 10 y.o put a password on her tablet. Forgot it. I went to craig via phone 10 times. Then to the net found the update. Stuck on splash screen now. I want to use your IMG file very badly to fix this for her. She is very upset it was her big Christmas present and I have been unable to get it restored for her. Could you send me the file directly? Or if any one has SPOCK's file or can tell me how to get Spock's file I would be very greatful.
KLW
[email protected]