Creat an Image

Centurian

Aug 7, 2011
Hello, to everyone I'm a newbie to android I got this a500 and what I want to do is the same think that I do with my PC two times a week that is create an image so if something goes wrong I can any time retrieve it with my PC I'm using Acronis True Image I've been using it for years and I love it. Now with this Acer the only think I came up with it's Titanium Backup and Acer Recovery but both of them can not be use as easily like Acronis. I loaded Titanium backup and it came back saying << ERROR ... Sorry I could not acquire root privileges .This application will *NOT* work ! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BUSYBOX and try again >>
AGEERRR !!!!!!! Can I not just buy some software that I can use strait out the box!!!!!!!!!! and get it to work????
just like Acronis for windows????
How do you root you Rom ? and how do you do BUSYBOX ???
Or is anything also I can get so that I don't have to do that!!
Or even something easy to make a Back up
Thank to all

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You need root to use Titanium. Really no way around it.

But this isn't a PC. And if run right, you could throw the thing in a lake and not lose much of anything.

Acer, like all Android's, is meant to be synced to the Google Cloud.

Set up syncing, use your Google Contacts, Gmail, Bookmarks, Documents, Picasa, Books, etc, and there is not that much to lose. You can even upload pictures as you take them to your Picasa albums automatically.

You buy an app, its available for you to download again and again.

There is even a backup my data option under Privacy, which will backup most of your critical settings so that if you nuke or lose your tablet, all you have to do is remember your google password and you are good to go.

What more is there to lose?

Well, movies and music you copied to the tablet, Pictures you forgot to upload. etc.
But then you had to copy them from somewhere, so that source is still available, right? If you buy music, get it from Amazon and use
their cloud player as your primary store, or sign up for a google music account.
Run your Email as IMAP and nothing critical is lost if your tablet goes toast, because Imap stores on the mail server. Sync your bookmarks with Google Chrome on your home computer. Only buy ebooks from places that give you re-download rights, or use Calibre.

My advice is to get a MicroSD card and keep your music an movies on that, and not worry about backing up the Operating system and all of its elements.

Its meant to be a replaceable device, backed up by the Cloud.

Personally, I don't spend any time worrying about backing up my tablet. Its a chalk board, not a bank vault.

HD87

May 14, 2011
Hello, to everyone I'm a newbie to android I got this a500 and what I want to do is the same think that I do with my PC two times a week that is create an image so if something goes wrong I can any time retrieve it with mt PC I'm using Acronis True Image I've been using it for years and I love it. Now with this Acer the only think I came up with it's Titanium Backup and Acer Recovery but both of them can not be use easy like Acronis I loaded Titanium backup and it says << ERROR ... Sorry I could not acquire root privileges .This application will *NOT* work ! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BUSYBOX and try again >>
Will !!!!!!! Can I not just buy some software that I can use strait out the box!!!!!!!!!!
just like Acronis for windows????
How do you root you Rom ? and how do you do BUSYBOX ???
Or is anything also I can get so that I don't have to do that!!
Or even something easy to make a Back up
Thank to all
You need to root the a500, download View attachment 3451 & extract on PC.
Move file to SD card on tablet & install. Open & click 'root'.
This will give you Superuser permissions to any apps that need it, like Titanium backup, which will backup your apps.
If you want to back up your ROM then you use Acer Recovery Installer to flash the stock recovery image to ClockworkMod Recovery.

1. Install clockwork mod:
    • select "ClockworkMod Recovery rev1.3.4 by thor2002ro"
    • click "Install Recovery Image"
    • click "Yes" when asked to backup the current image!!!
  2. Reboot into CW recovery from the app or with VOL- & POWER
  3. Create a full backup: "backup and restore" -> "Full Backup
You can find the backup in clockworkmod/backup/(current date)

Last edited:

Centurian

Aug 7, 2011
Thank You Thank you a lot :) For the info I'll try that as soon as my 16 Gb Micro card it gets here I've ordered online I should get it in a couple of days