Creative D100 BT speakers and Iconia Tab A500

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Frequently when I travel by car I find myself wishing I had more substantial speakers. In the past this has mainly been a concern on my laptop, but now that I'm in the tablet game too, that desire is extended. So, I took a chance on the Creative D100 BT speaker.

I have this paired with the Iconia and it works great. I didn't really expect to have any problems with music, though. But I was concerned about movies, as I have experienced where syncing video and audio when using BT speakers to be problematic (speaking mainly of linking my phone to my PC and then getting sound out of the PC speaker system). But for the Iconia linking directly to the BT speakers, things work great.

The Creative D100 is a simple speaker system. Runs off of 4AA or AC power. Has a BT connection button and one AUX input on the back with fixed volume (you control volume in the device driving the AUX input). The sound is very decent for the size of the speakers. For $65, it works for me.

Update:

So far I have paired this speaker with:

1) Iconia Tab
2) Droid Incredible
3) Apple iPad 2
4) Sony Laptop (core 7 with blu-ray)

It works great on all devices. On the first 3, you can control the volume both on the various devices and on the speaker. The same on the laptop when connected via BT. The issue with the laptop, however, is the when playing blu-rays the volume is low. It seems that many blu-rays are mastered with low volume. I've run into this on my PC as well. When playing blu-rays on the laptop you can use the aux port. On my laptop, I actually get louder volume when using the laptop volume control via the aux port on the speaker. YMMV, but this works well for me.

Last edited: