Cruz T408 - Update to 3.2? Android Market?

mfehrmann

Jan 12, 2012
I just picked up a Velocity Micro Cruz T408 Tablet for my wife. She doesn't need anything better, but, how can I get this thing to use Android 3.2 or at least unlock it so I can use the Android App Market.

I've read there are ways to root these devices, will that unlock this thing from only using the Amazon Market? I am an IT guy so if someone could just give me some general direction I can take care of the rest.

I've searched for a walk through on this but am not coming up with much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

531kjm

Dec 28, 2011
I googled cruz t301 (I have one and tried it on that one first). I followed the directions at slatedroid and now have Android Market working on my t408. I am thinking that android 3.2 will not work on the t408 as most of the devices that have it seem to have larger processors. (I am a novice on most of this, but have been comparing things). I hope this helps. The main thing is after you install all of the .apk files you have to reboot the device. If you don't it will begin to freeze up. (This led to me being awake until 4am. One simple step...anyway:eek:)

Here's the web address and some directions. Android Market and Google apps on the T301 with Froyo now possible!!! - SlateDroid.com.

I hope this helps. I love my tablet it is awesome!!