CSL Spice Mi700 (Foxconn) 7" Qualcomm ARM11 Android 2.2 Phone Tablet in Malaysia

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
CEtvkl.jpg

A few observant members of Slatedroid have found the Spice Mi700 DroidPad in Malaysia, which should be manufactured by Foxconn and branded by CSL, a company with its headquarters in Malaysia and branches in China, Thailand and Indonesia.

A video was posted a little while ago for this device, when it was still running Android 2.1:

Head over to FreshGear for an unboxing of the device.

The tablet will be $500US (RM1,599), according to one of the forum members discussing the device. It will come with phone functionality, GPS, and a 7" capacitive touch screen. It also sports dual cameras (front and back), and is able to make calls.

Being manufactured by Foxconn, build quality is excellent. Shenzhen based Foxconn also manufactures the iPad, iPhone, and many notebooks on the market today.

At 7", it is a good size. However, the ARM11 processor it sports means that it is insufficient for full Adobe Flash support even with Android 2.2. Video support is also very limited due to the weak processor. But this may the perfect car tablet some may have been looking for.

Specifications (via FreshGear)

• Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo)
  • GSM Quadband/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA
  • 480 x 800 pixels, 7 inches (Capacitive Touch Screen)
  • 179.4 x110 x11.5mm
  • Qualcomm MSM7227, 600 MHz
  • 512MB RAM / 512MB ROM
  • Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate and Motion UI
  • E-Compass + Ambient Light Sensor
  • 3 MP, autofocus, 0.3MP 2048 x 1536 (Secondary VGA camera)
  • Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS
  • Standard battery, Li-Pol 3,240 mAh
  • Standby: Up to 520h
  • Talk time: Up to 6h
Gallery (via Freshgear)
bc7uKl.jpg

LPKC8.jpg

l3DpA.jpg

nJzC1.jpg

fWpQm.jpg

LPKC8.jpg

Sources:
Freshgear
CSL

Last edited by a moderator:

new2city

Aug 31, 2010
Yeah, I saw this last week at Tesco. But like you said it cannot handle video well, sigh....

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I guess I was late on this, but I am not 100% sure if this is Foxconn as it is right now. Maybe we'll find out someday.

Jee

Oct 17, 2010
There is an issue, unsure whether it is hardware or software related, but the context menu keeps randomly popping up when the device is shaken or touched towards the bottom (the bottom being the side with the USB port).

Has anyone else encountered this problem?