curtis klu lt8088

lunrtx

Nov 18, 2012
ok yes i am new to the tablet world but thought i could find some info on this tablet via the net- no such luck. the hubby bought it for me tonight and it will not dl any app what so ever. it has the getjar app on it(junk) and slideme with most of the reject apps but no luck in downloading anything. it has the android 4.0.4 sys. build is rockchip is there a way to get google play to work? i tried to dl a zip file earlier but it was not compatible wit the tab.

rhinton

Nov 28, 2012
I'm having the same problem as well. Have the exact same tablet.
Can't get Google Play on the system itself and it didn't come with it. Nor did it come with Android Market.
I did a factory reset but all it provides is the GetJar you speak of and the SlideMe which is ridiculous. I'm calling the "Curtis" right now. The manufacture.

"If you cannot find the product support that you need from our website, please
contact our customer service department. If you are in USA or Canada, please
dial 1-800-968-9853. If you are in UK, dial 0-800-032-5264. Our customer service
is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week."

From their website: Warranty & Services -- CURTIS INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:

rhinton

Nov 28, 2012
So obviously this tablet is garbage and a waste of money, so are the people you speak with in "customer service."

I called and was told, "It is not compatible with GooglePlay. It is not compatible with the Android Market. You can go to a website and download apps which is...www.slideme.org."

I asked if the operating system itself could be upgraded to the new (I'm guessing) Jelly Bean 4.2, and I received an answer of, "This tablet is not compatible."

So they sold this product knowing it was outdated already and not "compatible" with anything out there, hoping to make a few bucks on it. Utter waste and I'm a bit ticked.

rhinton

Nov 28, 2012
Called again because I really couldn't understand the dialectic of the person over the phone.

Asked, "Why is this not compatible with Google Play? It is an Android Operating System is it not? And Google Play should technically work with the Tablet correct?" (I'm just guessing as I'm not familiar with this)

Was told, "It is not compatible with this tablet. Per the manufacture they only wanted it to work with SlideMe."

Was also told, "The higher ups are aware of this and they are trying to remedy the problem with the technicians."

I asked, "Will this tablet be able to upgrade to the new operating system?"
Answered, "No, it is not compatible."

Asked, "When was this tablet manufactured?"
Answered, "Six months ago."

Completely unreal that this thing doesn't have the ability to access Google Play. I've even tried downloading the .apk files of different versions and can't get it to work at all. I created an account with Google Play and it does say it's compatible with the LT8088 when I was able to access it very briefly, but once it starts updating to the new version of Google Play, it shuts down and I can't access it again unless I completely uninstall it and go back to that lower version number.

dvdbrl655

Nov 29, 2012
I bought this too, and what I'm considering doing is opening it up and installing more ram. I looked into the Dev options, what's happening is that most programs don't have enough ram to function. Google Play store, Netflix, certain games, etc. Depending on how it was installed, it could be redone. It's simply a matter of cheapness on the part of the manufacturer. I'm wary though, as tablets are very compact. Good luck, msg me if you guys find anything out about this damn thing.

Edit; if the manufacturer only wanted it to work with Slideme, they're boxing you in. We just need a smalltime developer to "Jailbreak" the thing. Should be pretty simple, all things considered.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=975036

http://romkitchen.org/

Found that, we could be able to build our own ROM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1801690

Found that, guys I'm on fire.

Last edited:

Keyvan_Lives

Nov 26, 2012
So I just got this tablet as well. I called customer service, because I had realized already ahead of time, that this thing was junk. my objective was to root the thing; I found some tutorials and such, and they told me I needed to install drivers for the device before I start rooting. See, the thing is about this device, I called the customer service and the foreign customer service guy told me, "There is no driver for this model."

So without a driver, is it still possible to root this device, and put on a OS of Android that is actually worth it? Im a noob at all of this, but im sure somebody with even intermediate knowledge about this topic of drivers and rooting requirements could answer my question.

car_bon

Dec 10, 2012
I also bought this tablet, with the same problems as everyone here find but I found the solution by accident. first off, SlideME, then, go to GetJar, go to categories, find googles, download goodeReader App store for tablet, since everything here rest is easy, I can see on my table now, netflix, dish tv anywhere, and more hope this helps all those who read this

car_bon

Dec 10, 2012
I also bought this tablet, with the same problems as everyone here find but I found the solution by accident. first off, SlideME, then, go to GetJar, go to categories, find googles, download goodeReader App store for tablet, since everything here rest is easy, I can see on my table now, netflix, dish tv anywhere, and more hope this helps all those who read this, don't need to root

car_bon

Dec 10, 2012
So I just got this tablet as well. I called customer service, because I had realized already ahead of time, that this thing was junk. my objective was to root the thing; I found some tutorials and such, and they told me I needed to install drivers for the device before I start rooting. See, the thing is about this device, I called the customer service and the foreign customer service guy told me, "There is no driver for this model."

So without a driver, is it still possible to root this device, and put on a OS of Android that is actually worth it? Im a noob at all of this, but im sure somebody with even intermediate knowledge about this topic of drivers and rooting requirements could answer my question.
I also bought this tablet, with the same problems as everyone here find but I found the solution by accident. first off, SlideME, then, go to GetJar, go to categories, find googles, download goodeReader App store for tablet, since everything here rest is easy, I can see on my table now, netflix, dish tv anywhere, and more hope this helps all those who read this

waybrane

Dec 22, 2012
so i also have this tablet but i refuse to believe that there is no solution. anyone have any luck yet?

ALD3

Mar 10, 2012
If you havent found away to install Play, I would recommend installing 1Mobile Market from Cnet. It has all the apps that Play does but doesnt check your hardware like Play. only downside is it will let you install apps that wont work but just uninstall if they dont. Yes it has Google OS but many do not have Google certification, thats why you cant instll Play without a work around and rooting.

bunnyeaton

Jun 24, 2013
I just got the kiu lt 8088 and it quit 4 weeks later the company said they don't insure them and im just out my money they r really bad tablets had lines on the screen right out the box and then just stopped charging I guess u get what u pay from cheap **** .