Curtis LT7028

xombie

Mar 3, 2011
I have a Curtis LT7028 which seems to be a standard "trackball" tablet without camera. Similar tablets are apad 710, c-mid, craig 7, and eglide. The two variants of this type seems to be w or w/o camera. My Curtis came with a horrible software configuration, no Android Market and a youtube video apt that force closed mostly. Today I installed the eglide.img posted by sunigirl on this forum and I am very pleased. I think Ematic eGlide of all the companies importing this tablet picked the right factory for its' software.

Update: After spending the summer with the eGlide firmware I decided to try the Alcore E-Pad firmware. It is android 2.2.1 and everything appears to be working great. The links to the stock and rooted images can be found in the Alcore E-Pad thread in this forum.

Last edited:

btcheng

Mar 18, 2011
I have a Curtis LT7028 which seems to be a standard "trackball" tablet without camera. Similar tablets are apad 710, c-mid, craig 7, and eglide. The two variants of this type seems to be w or w/o camera. My Curtis came with a horrible software configuration, no Android Market and a youtube video apt that force closed mostly. Today I installed the eglide.img posted by sunigirl on this forum and I am very pleased. I think Ematic eGlide of all the companies importing this tablet picked the right factory for its' software.
How did you load the image? I have the same unit and don't like the applications that come with it.

Thanks

shak

Mar 16, 2011
if u want to update u have to press power button and esc button together when ur system get off pulg in data cable(micro usb) with ur tab and laptop but u have to keep holding ur buttons , once to plug in then release power button (keep hold esc) then ur window 7 popup with some hardware found or then u can do whatever u want to do(like update),

Zahakiel

Apr 4, 2011
Hey emm there is one possible way 2 play emulators like gameboid or things like that on the Curtis LT7028 ?

torontorob

Apr 15, 2011
I bought this from Tigerdirect a week ago and was very dissapointed at first. Nevermind the lack of Android Market. It would turn on and shut down by itself, sometimes refuse to turn on unless plugged in to a computer, and many downloaded APKs didn't want to work. I honestly thought of returning it until I found out it had a firmware upgrade.

With the upgrade almost all of the issues are resolved, only major caveat is the battery will read 90% and then jump to 4% or will read 100% for 2 hours of use. The update DOES NOT bring it up to 2.2 however it does bring native Google app support such as Gmail, Maps, and the big one Android Market.

The firmware update can be found at Manuals -- CURTIS INTERNATIONAL under the Tablet section. It isn't the easiest install but it gives clear instructions including graphics, requires a PC however. I had to borrow my brothers PC as there was no way of doing the update on a Mac.

I hope this helps everyone!

May 11, 2011
ok, I tried to install the firmware update but failed. I made it as far as image # 11. I clicked open at that point but instead of moving on to what was shown in image 12, a box popped up and said "pulling info from boot failed". I repeated multiple times with the same results. Any tips?

mr_53

Jun 7, 2011
Hello All, I'm new on this forum and I am looking for some help. I purchased the Curtis KLU LT7028 for my 9yrs old who wanted a freakin Iphone just to play angry birds. I sold her the idea of being able to watch movies, listen to music and play games on a 7" screen. Before I purchase the tablet, I made some research and some owners were playing angry birds on it, so I bought it. Now I am unable to find a working version of angry bird. I DL the megapack and it will not work. The music starts but the screen stays blank or goes to white with the music playing. Does anyone know where I can get a working angry bird version for this device or which version I actualy need, I don't even mind paying for it...btw, I did update the OS to the latest version from the Curtis websie. let me know please thank you Matt

RealityFix

Jul 15, 2011
So i connect it to my computer and I get these weird files. All I want to do is transfer a .pdf into the internal memory so I can view it with a reader.

I did copy it into the main directory but for some reason the main directory i copied it to from the computer is different from the one shown in Klu. I tried connecting it with the debugging mode off and on and it doesn't seem to change what files i view. I get one called .EbookReader and Something. or Demo. - I have a feeling I'm not connecting it correctly but I tried everything and i can't find these files anywhere in the tablet.

I found out i probably need to root it for that kind of stuff. <- Need help for that.

Last edited: