Delete File

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
I inadvertantly saved a file under /Root/Data/ and cannot delete. Assume thats a protected directory.

Anyone know how to delete?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
If you were able to write to the directory you should have read/write priveledges. Have you rooted the device? If so something like Root Explorer or another file manager like ES File explorer should be able to deal with it.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
How did you write to the particular directory in the first place?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Something tells me a part of the story is missing or you have a serious problem. Did you purchase it new?

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Yes, this was purchased new, never rooted. What happened was I was dragging file from one directory to another and it dropped in wrong folder. I can copy it into another folder but if I select file, click delete and then confim I want to delete I get message cannot delete file.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Check the link below on file transfers to see if something there allows you to even access the file or possibly delete it.

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Its very bizzare.... both the /data folder and the file when view properties say readable and writeable...... but no mater what I try cannot delete the file. I can play the file (its a video). Would not be over concerned if was not a 700M file so big waste of space.

Guess may need to back everything up the do factory reset.