Deleted framework-res.apk coby mid7042

inmymind

Mar 13, 2013
Hi!

I`am crazy. I deleted from my Coby MID7042 the FRAMEWORK-RES.APK and dont have backup! Please somebody upload for me the stock apk in signed zip. Please help me! Please! (USB debug is off on the device) :(

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
We have 7042 dumps in the Development sub-forum. Download one of them, open up the system.tgz file and extract framework-res.apk from there. Without ClockworkMod though, unless you can come up with a signed zip with a Coby signature in it I don't see how you're getting the file on the tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
In response to your repeated PMs to me, all the information you need can be found in the sticky posts in Generation 3 Development. This includes dumps. However, if you do not have ClockworkMod installed and only have the stock recovery you will not be able to move the file back to the tablet, unless the file is compressed into an "update.zip" file with a valid Coby signature.

In other words, if you didn't follow the procedures on these forums to not only root but to get the Play Store and ClockworkMod on your tablet, you're pretty much screwed.