deleting old files

plumdusty

Oct 13, 2012
i have an acer 500. a few weeks ago i watchedsome videos off of usb flash drive. for some reason the old files that i watched and deleted still show up when i go to my media player (clear fi) still show up but they will not play. how do i get these of my tablet? it seems like everything i have ever watched has a little icon. any help is appreciated.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
i have an acer 500. a few weeks ago i watchedsome videos off of usb flash drive. for some reason the old files that i watched and deleted still show up when i go to my media player (clear fi) still show up but they will not play. how do i get these of my tablet? it seems like everything i have ever watched has a little icon. any help is appreciated.
Just clear the media player cache. That should do it.

Any windows PC does the same thing, keeping history of all played vids. Also just clear history and or cache.

plumdusty

Oct 13, 2012
found the settings and cleared the cache but still have the icons showing up. i cleared the cache in all the media players as well. i mainly use google play music. i listened to some shows from an external hard drive. i have since deleted them off my hard drive and replaced them with new music but the old icons still show up and i have to scroll thru all of them to get what is active.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Depending on which media player you are using you can try to see if it has a scan for media option in its menu. Some players have this option and will scan the device for appropriate media files and then add them to the library. If those files are no longer available it might remove them as well.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Sometimes you need to clear the cache & power the A500 off/on. Just be sure to remember to clear the cache before turning it off.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
So, I also discovered some lingering folders and thumbnails. I cleared the data for all the affected apps (including Media Storage) then used my file manager to move a media file from one folder to another. This caused the tablet to rescan and it got rid of the lingering thumbnails. However, if you try this, make sure that if you have any widgets running, make sure you remove them first. I cleared the data on Gallery; which caused the album widgets to disappear. Now I have unusable dead spots on my home screen.