Dell Venue 7 and Dell Venue 8 Android Tablets

Oct 21, 2013
Dell recently released some windows and android tablets. I found that Dell Venue 7 and Dell Venue 8 are awesome android tablets. Do you think that these tablets are good, should users go for these tablets.? Share your thoughts please.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Dell recently released some windows and android tablets. I found that Dell Venue 7 and Dell Venue 8 are awesome android tablets. Do you think that these tablets are good, should users go for these tablets.? Share your thoughts please.

The Venue 8 is my favorite. In Red! It's already in my shopping cart at Dell. However, I'm still waiting to find out how much the Asus MeMO Pad 8 is going to sell for here, before I buy either one or the other.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Depends if you like Dell, the tablet's specs seem good. I don't know anyone that has one so can't really say if they are a good or bad deal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Tablets that cost under $200 aren’t always worth the money — but these days cheap tablets don’t always feel cheap. After spending a little time checking out Dell’s new Android tablets on YouTube, it looks like they at least make a good first impression.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
They look like solid entries into the affordable range of Android tablets. I'm planning on getting a Dell as well but the Venue 8 Pro. Much like the Android counterparts this is an affordable device especially given its specs. I'm just waiting for the 64gig version to be released.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Sorry to hear about that and thanks for the heads up. I guess you've already tried the uninstall and install thing.

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
Sorry to hear about that and thanks for the heads up. I guess you've already tried the uninstall and install thing.

Several times and no luck. I am nearly disappointed enough to sell the tablet now. There really needs to be an option to downgrade with rooting.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Several times and no luck. I am nearly disappointed enough to sell the tablet now. There really needs to be an option to downgrade with rooting.

I am sure there is, I see most people bragging how fast their tablet updates to the next OS, and I just laugh, most people dont realize almost each new update breaks something.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Sometimes you need to do a factory data reset after an update. It will just clear up any conflicting files and things should run much smoother. Be sure to back up an personal data like pictures, music, movies etc. Before resetting

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A

EvaJohns

Apr 16, 2014
Dell Venue 7 has longer battery life (10 hours vs 8.5 hours) , lighter weight (0.67 lbs vs 0.79 lbs) , more delicate ppi (215 vs 188 )

Meanwhile Dell Venue 8 has more pixel front camera (2 m vs 0.3 m) , faster processor speed (2 ghz vs 1.6 ghz) , more pixel rear camera (5 m vs 3 m) , wider width (8.3 inch vs 7.6 inch) , higher height (5.1 inch vs 4.65 inch)

I personal prefer to Dell Venue 8, because it get a higher score of 81 at
Dell Venue 7 vs Venue 8

Last edited by a moderator: