Designing whole new Tablet from scratch

iAW3SOME

Feb 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Tablets these day are not all they're cracked up to be... Companies have so many rules etc that customizing a tablet is quite hard. I have a idea however, to design a new tablet from scratch. 13" in screen size, with a 8 mega-pixel camera, USB ports down one side, ability to use mouse and keyboard, etc. I want to create a tablet that is not only versatile, but is also something that people want in a tablet.

My tablet will have the ability to plug into a computer and scan for viruses etc. Tap into servers and change settings etc. Yet all being in a powerful, light tablet. I need a experienced programmer that might be able to help program the tablets OS. I also need opinions etc.

Thanks

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
13 inch, isnt that a little big? I mean if i want a tablet i want a device i can easily carry arround. Also typeing on a on-screen keyboard in landscape view is already hard while holding my 8 inch. Ithink maximum usable size is 10 inch, if the resolution is high (1080p) this should be big enough.

--------------------------
tapatalked from vizio vtab1008

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Build a device that has almost exact dimensions as a popular tablet like the iPad or Kindle Fire.
Then, users can use all the cases, sleeves, etc. accessories those tablets can.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
More importantly...

Who's gonna defend you when Apple comes knocking at your door?
:p