Desktop full of "Problem loading widget" icons

Charliebee

Jun 28, 2011
I recently ran across the battery usage function in my MID and saw that the Cell standby shows 78% of the use. when I touch it, I am told that I need to switch to Airplane mode to save power. that would be fine if I could figure out how to do that. I looked on the internet and found several widgets that purport allow me to turn on airplane mode. I installed several of them and found that even with airplane mode enabled, my MID still shows 77 to 78 percent battery use by Cell standby. I had to enable the widgets on the desktop in order to make them functional. I guess I'm going to have to live with that but the reason I'm posting is that I went back to the application menu and deleted all these airplane mode widgets. Now the desktop has a bunch of icons on it that say "Problem loading widget" and I don't know how to get rid of them.
Any and all suggestions will be tried.
Thanks
CB

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
press and hold the widget until it flashes, then drag it to the trash

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
when you press and hold it, after a couple of seconds one will appear on your desktop. look near the edges.

Charliebee

Jun 28, 2011
okay, I'll try that. thanks

that worked for all but one. yes, a trashcan did appear once I held down the icon for a couple of seconds.

Last edited:

Alexander9871

Nov 22, 2011
I'm writing my first application and am trying to get my widget to load a different image when it is added to the home screen based on the state of the notification volume.It is detecting the notification state fine and the proper Toast messages appear when I add the widget, but I'm not getting any icon.I just get an empty button.I'm using the same code to change the icon in my onReceive() method to do other things and that works fine.

Last edited by a moderator: