desktop icons

melbloch

Apr 16, 2013
To save me asking my young grandchildren, can someone please tell me how to add icons to my desktop as shortcuts. I have downloaded gmail and facebook but have to open them in a browser to get into my mail/homepage. Skype downloaded itself onto my desktop, as did office suite.
Tks - Melanie:confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming you actually installed those apps rather than just downloading them. On any of your home screens there should be 6 little squares in the upper right-hand corner, that's called the app drawer. Those squares and it will take you to a list of all your apps and if you long press any of those icons it will allow you to drag it to a home screen.

melbloch

Apr 16, 2013
Welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming you actually installed those apps rather than just downloading them. On any of your home screens there should be 6 little squares in the upper right-hand corner, that's called the app drawer. Those squares and it will take you to a list of all your apps and if you long press any of those icons it will allow you to drag it to a home screen.

I've been using the settings icon (6 little squares), but besides that on the actual desktop there is a skype and officesuite icon. Thought I could put the shortcuts here as well. (When I press the lock I see the gmail icon in the round circle, so that is not the problem).

Another question - when I receive an email in Hebrew and want to reply in Hebrew (or another foreign language), do I have to go back to the display settings to change the keyboard to Hebew? Are there any options to display a dual-language keyboard? Our main computer has an English/Hebrew keyboard.

Have to get use to there not being a right mouse button to press!

Tks - Melanie

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I've been using the settings icon (6 little squares), but besides that on the actual desktop there is a skype and officesuite icon. Thought I could put the shortcuts here as well. (When I press the lock I see the gmail icon in the round circle, so that is not the problem).

I must be missing something as I can't follow what you see or want to see that isn't happening.

On the keyboard I don't think there are any that would not require changing the input manually.

melbloch

Apr 16, 2013
On the green home page, I want to see the various icons - I can see skype and officesuite, also facebook but not gmail. Have to press the 6 little squares before I get the gmail icon showing.
Thought so, re the language settings.
Tks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
On the green home page, I want to see the various icons - I can see skype and officesuite, also facebook but not gmail. Have to press the 6 little squares before I get the gmail icon showing.
Thought so, re the language settings.
Tks!

I think/thought I covered that in my first post. Evidently it got lost.;)
Long press the G-Mail app icon in the app drawer and you can drag it to any home screen.