[DEV][ROM] Rooted update.zip [TESTING]

rockingdo

Feb 23, 2012
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if your Tablet blows in your hands or bricks.
Try this rooted update.zip, it uses stock updater-script to flash the rootable Stock ROM, may or may not work.
The problem is signing i've tried to preserve the sign in this zip file, I cannot test this Since, it is my brothers tablet and he doesn't let me flash it

To go to stock recovery, while powering on the tablet also press the volume buttons and then stop pressing the Power button then use the (V) Touch button to access it.

Flash this with stock recovery:
update.zip ROOTED

Try it before reverting with feedback.

Last edited:

mui

Nov 28, 2011
Is it rooted or just rootable? One things for sure, if it works Vizio will probable push out a new update sooner than later!

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
its not going to work unless your on a custom recovery first and second. using the stock updater script and placing super user and busybox in the correct locations still wont allow it to be rooted. you need to include the steps th chmod the correct blocks to cnage permissions via the rom. i already have that done i just need testers as i stated in my thread about a rom.

rockingdo

Feb 23, 2012
its not going to work unless your on a custom recovery first and second. using the stock updater script and placing super user and busybox in the correct locations still wont allow it to be rooted. you need to include the steps th chmod the correct blocks to cnage permissions via the rom. i already have that done i just need testers as i stated in my thread about a rom.

Its is fully based on the .56 version and it is rooted and as I said the signing problem is still there. Gotta find some other solution

haledroid

Mar 10, 2012
I'd be more than happy to test, at this point I could care less if my tablet was bricked or not. So bring it on, maybe we can do some good for the VTab since Vizio wont.

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
haledroid said:
I'd be more than happy to test, at this point I could care less if my tablet was bricked or not. So bring it on, maybe we can do some good for the VTab since Vizio wont.

Ditto. And since I can't use my VTAB1008 for what I used to use it for with the missing full screen and the funky flash player I might see if I can turn it into an Internet Server since I don't know what else I could use it for.

BTW I've found a webserver, an email server and I think I've found an FTP Server too.

DCRocks

Apr 19, 2012
Is that HC or GB?

I have a VTAB on .14 GB fully rooted, and might be willing to test, just need to know specifics...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think rockingdo's idea here was two fold both of which were just an experiment. 1. To replace VIA 1.4, Build .56 with a rooted ROM update so you wouldn't actually have to go through the rooted process (which is easy anyway) and 2. If possible to restore back from VIA 1.5, Build .57 to the rooted VIA 1.4, Build .56 ROM so that you were rooted and had rooted abilities if if you had updated to the version that broke root.

So far nobody to my knowledge has been able to root VIA 1.5, Honeycomb or restore back from either of VIA 1.5 or Honeycomb to VIA 1.4 which is rootable. At this time once you go forward you can't go back.

JP