[DEV][ROM]Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 for many Boxchip/Allwinner A13 tablets Print Em

WillingMagic

Sep 13, 2012
I created cyanogenmod 9 rom for Manta mid08, but it should work with other tablets with Allwinner/Boxchip A13 SoC.

Rom status: fourth alpha

How to fix wifi:
1.Download hotfix to /sdcard/
2.Type in terminal or adb shell:
Code:
su
cat /sdcard/hotfix2-alpha4.img > /dev/block/nandc;sync;reboot

Cybrix.pl
Basic functions and hardware:

• Sound Works
  • Headphones Works
  • Screen Works
  • Touch Works
  • HW/3D Works
  • ADB Works
  • SDcard Works
  • Sensors Works
  • WiFi Works

Additional hardware:

• 3G Not tested yet
  • Bluetooth Not working
  • GPS Not tested yet
  • Keyboard Works
  • RIL Not tested yet
  • USB/WIFI Tethering Not tested yet

TODO:

• Move to kernel from amery source(temporary solution)
  • Rewrite whole sunxi implementation in kernel (current source is one big mess, work in Amery tree is only patching not fix issue)
  • Help rewrite cedarx drivers
  • Add support for more devices

Fifth alpha should be last alpha release. I will fix hw accelartion, camera, wifi and touchscreen support.
First beta will have new kernel 3.0.39+ and more devices support.

Supported tables:

• Manta MID08
  • MID Epad by LélikTec(In progress)
  • Apollo 726(In progress)

If your tablet is not on my list, please send me dumps of this files:

Send me dumps created by using this tool:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/boxchip-a13-tablet/43691-tool-firmware-dumper-a13.html

Downloads:
Spideroak

Source:
https://github.com/CybrixSystems/android_device_manta_mid08
https://github.com/CybrixSystems/linux
https://github.com/CybrixSystems/android_device_allwinner_a13_common

Credits:
My work is based on work:
Nicholas Semendyaev
Alan Marchesan
Alejandro Mery
linux-sunxi
tom3q (helping with rewritting kernel)

toiin3ron

Jul 4, 2012
Hello, here is the FW Dump my tablet, in Mexico is known as "Smartpad by Atvio" but really do not know who is the original manufacturer.

This is the zip FW_DUMP2 obtained with the tool: FW DUMP Smartpad Atvio

This is obtained with a script from your post on XDA: DUMP.ZIP

Try to answer you on XDA, butI have not the needed post.

inevidimka

Oct 9, 2012
"If your tablet is not on my list, please send me dumps of this files:"
My device ross&moor 713 dump here

dump713.rar

Can you pls explain, how can I
fulfill it by myself ?

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Tested on a few platforms, mostly results in bootloop or me having to JTAG the firmware, one boot intrid cannot simply offer support to all A13 objects, please clarify the current working devices.

SmashDealer

Dec 27, 2012
Hi, so far this is the most successfull rom I've tried. I've used clockworkmod to make a backup and to "update" the ROM to yours.

But the touch screen doesn't work. It's in Russian, but apart from that the OS seems to be running smoothly.

Could you suggest any changes that I could make to activate the touch screen, or would you say that it should be classed as entirely broken? I've already tried changing the default build.prop screen density from 120 to 160 to no avail.

I'm running on a AllWinner A13MID tablet. Capacitive touchscreen, wifi, etc etc.

Last edited:

mixednuts

Jan 24, 2013
Love what you're doing here! Was interested to see how this ran on my A13 device... Hipstreet Aurora (HS-7DTB6-8GBR):

CPU - A13 @ 1.2GHz
Display - 7” 800x480 resolution, Capacitive Touch
RAM - 512MB DDR3
Memory - 8GB (Expandable to 32GB via Micro-SD)
OS - Google Android 4.0 (ICS)

Everything looks real nice, but my testing was limited... the touchscreen response was inverted (right is left, left is right; though top and bottom was correct). One other thing noticed right away was that the home-screen from the Trebuchet launcher went slightly off screen (i.e. the analog clock).

If it helps, here's my stock dump, that is if your interested in supporting the Aurora - HS_7DTB6_8GBR_dump.zip - 169.81 MB

Oh, and BTW, your CWM port... awesome! Again, some button mapping differences - the Aurora doesn't have a back button, so no way to go back :p If I need to shutdown, or reboot, I just hold the down the power button and go from there... the device does have a Home hardware key that I guess could be ported as a back button. Also, the Vol+ and Vol- buttons are reversed, but again, I can work around that as well.

Thanks for everything you've done so far! ;)

Last edited: