Device Configuration Database for Allwinner A10 based tablets

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I have seen a number of posts in which users attempt to update the firmware which is not 100% compatible and end up with hardware that is not working properly.
To my current knowledge, A10-based tablet has script.bin(its a binary) file which store the hardware configuration of your devices. This file give information to the operating system(kernel) for the hardware to function correctly.

There seem to be many variant of A10 devices surfacing. I would like to help to consolidate this device information which is useful should anyone wish to recover his tablet from an incorrect firmware. If this database grow huge enough, we will be able to setup a firmware compatibility table in which you will be able to safely flash firmware from other tablets.

This has been only an observation from the development work that I have done for P76ti and I do not claim that it will work for all scenarios until it has been proven.

If you are keen to know more about your tablet, just provide the following information to me.

1. Copy of the main boot image(you can get it by using adb or android terminal, "adb shell dd if=/dev/block/nanda of=/sdcard/boot.img". This will save a copy of the boot image in the internal sdcard)
2. Copy of the keyboard mapping(/system/usr/keylayout/sun4i-keyboard.kl)
3. Brand/Model of your tablet
4. Pictures will be good
5. Physical keys on the tablet and any other hardware(such as camera/bluetooth/vibrator/infra-red/etc)

List of Known Tablets:

Teclast P76Ti
Zeki TB782B
EKen E90
AZhuo A10MID

Last edited:

Menelkir

Jul 29, 2011
I have seen a number of posts in which users attempt to update the firmware which is not 100% compatible and end up with hardware that is not working properly.
To my current knowledge, A10-based tablet has script.bin(its a binary) file which store the hardware configuration of your devices. This file give information to the operating system(kernel) for the hardware to function correctly.

There seem to be many variant of A10 devices surfacing. I would like to help to consolidate this device information which is useful should anyone wish to recover his tablet from an incorrect firmware. If this database grow huge enough, we will be able to setup a firmware compatibility table in which you will be able to safely flash firmware from other tablets.

This has been only an observation from the development work that I have done for P76ti and I do not claim that it will work for all scenarios until it has been proven.

If you are keen to know more about your tablet, just provide the following information to me.

1. Copy of the main boot image(you can get it by using adb or android terminal, "adb shell dd if=/dev/block/nanda of=/sdcard/boot.img". This will save a copy of the boot image in the internal sdcard)
2. Copy of the keyboard mapping(/system/usr/keylayout/sun4i-keyboard.kl)
3. Brand/Model of your tablet
4. Pictures will be good
5. Physical keys on the tablet and any other hardware(such as camera/bluetooth/vibrator/infra-red/etc)

My tablet is a SKMTek Genesis GT-7200. It comes with ICS and works pretty fine.

But.. I hate to have to recovery from zero using LiveSuite everytime I try to port a rom (CM9 for example, and I'll try to port some sense rom to him if I can) so I wanted at least a nandroid backup (I made my own using dd but.. its annoying to reflash some recovery and them system and data again, everytime I made something wrong). My question is: My boot.img and sun4i-keyboard.kl can be useful for something here? (specially to develop a recovery that works with him). And yes, I've already tried every single recovery for a10 and none of them works correctly (some of them I can deal with the controls, some have weird problems, and the list goes on).

Any help will be apreciated.

Update: I now realize that the "button to open recovery" (a tiny hole used to enter in proprietary recovery mode) is actually a physicial home button, now I can navigate in recovery. :p

Last edited:

Rdavisct

Jun 18, 2012
Please help me identify this tablet.here's where I bought it from

Eken A90 - 9.7 Inch IPS Screen 1.5GHz Processor Android Tablet 16GB

The factory firmware is awful its buggy. The model in system info is SoftwinerEvbV13

Baseband: 1.0

Android version: 4.0.3

Kernel: 3.0.8+ qs@qs #22

Build number:
Crane_evb_v13_-eng 4.0.3 iml74k 20120426 test-keys

I've uploaded my keyboard and boot.img for you here

http://db.tt/qu6rrt5D

Please help me out.I need the firmware that's meant for this phone.the stock runs good but its old and I'm sure there's an updated one somewhere. I've tried eken.com/support firmware and screen rotation doesn't work ,also touch screen issues here n there.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks,hope to hear from you

The build is crane

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011

But.. I hate to have to recovery from zero using LiveSuite everytime I try to port a rom (CM9 for example, and I'll try to port some sense rom to him if I can) so I wanted at least a nandroid backup (I made my own using dd but.. its annoying to reflash some recovery and them system and data again, everytime I made something wrong). My question is: My boot.img and sun4i-keyboard.kl can be useful for something here? (specially to develop a recovery that works with him). And yes, I've already tried every single recovery for a10 and none of them works correctly (some of them I can deal with the controls, some have weird problems, and the list goes on).

Update: I now realize that the "button to open recovery" (a tiny hole used to enter in proprietary recovery mode) is actually a physicial home button, now I can navigate in recovery. :p

Thats good. The cm9 ics cwm sources work well on an a10 tablet.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Please help me identify this tablet.here's where I bought it from

Eken A90 - 9.7 Inch IPS Screen 1.5GHz Processor Android Tablet 16GB

The factory firmware is awful its buggy. The model in system info is SoftwinerEvbV13

Baseband: 1.0

Android version: 4.0.3

Kernel: 3.0.8+ qs@qs #22

Build number:
Crane_evb_v13_-eng 4.0.3 iml74k 20120426 test-keys

I've uploaded my keyboard and boot.img for you here

http://db.tt/qu6rrt5D

Please help me out.I need the firmware that's meant for this phone.the stock runs good but its old and I'm sure there's an updated one somewhere. I've tried eken.com/support firmware and screen rotation doesn't work ,also touch screen issues here n there.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks,hope to hear from you

The build is crane

Thanks for the interest. This work well only if we have a huge database but at the moment, the interest seem low.

krash1220

Dec 19, 2010

You stated that you made your own rom backup with dd and can recover your firmware. I've been trying to figure out how to do just that. I have just purchased an Eken A90 Model T05A and I want to try some different roms on it. Can you tell me how you backed up with dd and how your restore? I'm not sure if I have to backup all four important images, bootloader, system, recovery and boot, or if I have to backup just recovery.img. I know that the command is something like dd if=/dev/block/nandg of=/mnt/sdcard/recovery.img and restoring is cat file.img > /dev/block/nandX, I think. Could you explain it to me? I would really appreciate it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You don't need to use dd you can use cat and tar. But how do you plan on restoring system? The other images can be restored easily enough, but system can't be restored unless you are in a recovery that allows adb.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
To answer your question,, just backing up your recovery does nothing, a total waste of time to only backup your recovery.