Diary / Journal app optimized for Honeycomb tablets

rosareven

Jun 18, 2011
Hi all. Google yielded no result specific to this topic so I figured I will ask it here.

Are there any diary apps out there that have been, or is in progress of being optimized for Honeycomb tablets? Examples of such app would be Ultra Mate, Orange Diary and myDay Journal. I tried all these apps and they are either not comfortable on a tablet, or crash frequently after I perform a few actions in those.

I love the look and feel of Ultra Mate (before version 3), unfortunately the developers didn't carry over the themes to UM 3 and it is also not designed for tablets. I tried Note Everything and like it a lot as well, despite that it does not have as fancy of a look and feel, but it crashes whenever I navigate among folders. The developer is working on a solution though.

At the moment I use Catch Notes for diary entries, but I keep feeling like switching to something that's more "fun" to use.

rosareven

Jun 18, 2011
I answered my own question! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.suishouxie.freenote

F
reeNote isn't known to be optimized for Honeycomb tablets from what I see on the description, but the interface feels just fine when I use it. It is highly customizable, and the handwriting feature has a simple yet effective concept. It's not handwriting recognition, but what you have written is selectable like an image.

There is no search function or cloud-backup like Evernote, however. It is just a very localised app for recording your days of life and thoughts. It might not be what you would like to use, but some of you may find it more likable than those popular note taking apps.