Did I brick mt Craig ?

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
Last night i loaded V 4.3 Rom to my Craig. The Rom seemed to work fine even after mulitple reboots and power/on/offs. Later left the unit on the charger. This morning the unit would not turn on. I tried the all the buttons and nothing. I noticed that the unit would go into the recovery mode so I tried reflashing the rom again. It looked ok and started into the Andriod logo but then would not go further so I switched it off then on again . Now will not even go into recovery mode. What happened what did I do wrong ?Can I fix it ?

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If there is a little reset button, try that as well.

If it still doesn't work, it sounds like a brick.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Press and hold the power in and make sure the second toggle on top for power switch is on. So press and hold the power on the front face and the house button until you see the words Androids. If it still doesn't turn on. Take it back CVS and get exchange. You got 90 days to exchange, return, or get a refund on it.

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
Press and hold the power in and make sure the second toggle on top for power switch is on. So press and hold the power on the front face and the house button until you see the words Androids. If it still doesn't turn on. Take it back CVS and get exchange. You got 90 days to exchange, return, or get a refund on it.

Tipstir
Thank you for the reply - my next step was to return it if I cant get it to work. I bought 2 of these last night with a 25% off coupon (159 with tax for 2) so the price is right if it works. Will test the other one for a few days with original software before installing a custom rom.I think the tablet might have been defective already but loading the Rom files pushed it over the edge. If not let me know if I did something wrong - I followed your guides for loading using a PC and the RK utilities. Maybe ROm 4.3 is not Good ? Should I retry 4.3 or go with 4.2? Any advice is welcome.

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
So I got it working some how with pressing the Power buttons and home buttons while connecting it to usb port. Reloaded it with 4.3 Rom again and was good - internet was working turned it off/on about 5 times played some games read emails and watched 10min of movies. Then turned it off and put it on the charger. 2 hours later it doesn't want to turn on again. I am guessing that the one I have has some kind of issue. The other none moded one work kinda OK as it takes from 5 to 30 s of pressing the power button to turn on. Is that normal ?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Takes a long time to charge. And when the battery is low it shutdowns and turn's off without warning. I am on ROM 4.2. Watch the tablet though if you see it not turning on just take it back to CVS for a replacement.

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
Takes a long time to charge. And when the battery is low it shutdowns and turn's off without warning. I am on ROM 4.2. Watch the tablet though if you see it not turning on just take it back to CVS for a replacement.

Could it be the charger doing it? I plug the second unit into the same charger than had a hell of a time trying to get it going as well.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Too test your charger you would need to go to RadioShack or Walmart or HomeDepot and buy a Multi-meter tester of AC/DC devices. To see if the AC/DC PSU is putting out the correct volts. I would just take it back to CVS and get another one. I just contacted them down at Craig in Miami, Florida to find out what's the deal with Android OS 2.2 and Flash 8. Shoot, I would rather have that tablet and also told them about the panel issue.

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
tested both chargers they put out 9.38V so they are within specs. After 30 min of plugging in to computer pressing different buttons inserting usb sticks... It finally came to life again. Both of my tablet are made in December 2010. Not sure why they behave this way. When i turn them off I also switch the switch on the side to the off position per the manual. The one that I have the most trouble with has currently 87% battery so its not dead the other one had 99%.

I am thinking of returning the one but would want to give it back with factory firmware. Is there anyplace I can get the factory firmware to load using the RK tools ? I would appreciate any help.

Too test your charger you would need to go to RadioShack or Walmart or HomeDepot and buy a Multi-meter tester of AC/DC devices. To see if the AC/DC PSU is putting out the correct volts. I would just take it back to CVS and get another one. I just contacted them down at Craig in Miami, Florida to find out what's the deal with Android OS 2.2 and Flash 8. Shoot, I would rather have that tablet and also told them about the panel issue.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I've ask Craig for Android OS 2.2 ROM that would wipe all settings. Then I could mod it root it and get Market on there. Give my HoneyComb ROM. I hope to get back word tomorrow. All you have to do is do a factory reset / wipe data and that will bring it back to the state like you open the box except it going to ask you to press the TS to set it up. Those at CVS don't have the time to check out returns. Or go when they're so busy they need to get you out of the store.

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
How do I do A factory reset?

I've ask Craig for Android OS 2.2 ROM that would wipe all settings. Then I could mod it root it and get Market on there. Give my HoneyComb ROM. I hope to get back word tomorrow. All you have to do is do a factory reset / wipe data and that will bring it back to the state like you open the box except it going to ask you to press the TS to set it up. Those at CVS don't have the time to check out returns. Or go when they're so busy they need to get you out of the store.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Menu
Settings
Privacy
Factory data reset
Clean it up
Place it back in it's package
Tell them it's not charging
They's say do you want another one?
From there you're on your own.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Craig is running 802.11n @ 40MHz not just plain 802.11b/g tablet.

kawal

Mar 23, 2011
Thank you - would have never figured out to go into privacy.

Menu
Settings
Privacy
Factory data reset
Clean it up
Place it back in it's package
Tell them it's not charging
They's say do you want another one?
From there you're on your own.