Difficulty Booting up Now Apps not showing up

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
So here's my new problem. I've been using my EX7 (CVS Pharmacy version no HDMI) with an upgrade to Android 2.2 for a few weeks without problem.

However this morning when booting up, it seemed to get stuck at the Sylvania animation. So I turned it off and back on again, and it boots up, but most personal settings are not showing up.

Wifi settings were ok and it came up, but location defaulted back to China

All my installed applications were not showing up, but did show in /settings/applications/ but there's no way to run them.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
No idea if this will create more issues but, I have often come across the suggestion to clear the folder /data/dalvik-cache. This folder is rebuilt upon boot up and seems to store some application settings. If you have RootExplorer or some other file explorer with root access delete the contents of /data/dalvik-cache then reboot the device. The next boot will be slow and the folder contents are rebuilt but it may allow the device to recognize the applications that are already installed.

The commands using adb -

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]C:\>adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/*[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]C:\>adb reboot[/FONT]

Last edited:

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
The odd thing was the apps were still there, but no icons to launch them. I reinstalled Amazon App store, and I knew all the Apps I had previously installed, and I could launch them from in there, they ran ok.
But what I did, was uninstall them them re-install each app and, then they worked fine, but user data was deleted with some but not all.

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Are you rooted? Did you make any adjustments to system files before turning your tab off? When you finally got the tab to boot, how much space did it have available on the system for storage? Its acting like its trying to re-write system files upon boot unless the system has been mounted Rw....... my friend had this same issue after rooting, but not mounting the system. Rw.... I should have gotten a logcat.....

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Its my belief that the system has a backup partition that tries to undo any edits to the system on boot, my HTC glacier does this same thing ....