Digital Gadgets- Tech Support Call- HINT OF ANDROID 2.3 coming... 10" Magni

dmarko

Dec 15, 2011
Only took about a week for tech support to call me back from digital gadgets today.

Answered a couple of questions you might be interested in:

#1 Browser Problem Shutting down in Portrait Mode:
-Never heard of such an issue. Hmmmm!

#2 Battery Replacement
-sealed in. And possibly soldered to board.

#3 Updates beyond Froyo
-Working on a 2.3 update as we speak.

#4 Where? Or How to be notified?
-Via Check System Upgrades in Settings

#5 Website with Notification of Upgrade?
-He laughed.

----
All in all. No help really. Seems skeptical about a 2.3 update for Sylvania 10" Tab (SYLVA10MBST)

I have more faith in our online community to provide a new ROM.
Dave

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I do know they are working on getting a license for Flash.... even though it is going to be an outdated service soon (yea HTML5) and they ARE working on 2.3, but I do not know for certain if it will be available for the current models or just for the new inventory...

Interesting read.... ARM architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia scroll down to the bottom and look at all of the different OS's that our ARM chips support.... interesting that it states that iOS will run on an ARM based chipsets and is a hybrid kernel (XNU). Wouldn't that piss off Apple. A $99 Sylvania iPAS.

Last edited:

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Not really. They've already battled on that front. Couple guys thought they'd hit the market doing non-Apple PC's running MacOSX. They lost. Apple's EULA specifically states that the user will not install Apple software on non-Apple hardware... so while they won't limit the software you install on machines, they do limit the machines you can install the software.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Welll I figured that, but I would bet that as soon as it was done, Apple would be hounding whoever produced a tutorial on doing it.
Besides, why would you want the Aaple OS on an Andy? Isn't that kind of like giving your kid brain damage just because you like how they look in a safty helmet?

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Welll I figured that, but I would bet that as soon as it was done, Apple would be hounding whoever produced a tutorial on doing it.
Besides, why would you want the Aaple OS on an Andy? Isn't that kind of like giving your kid brain damage just because you like how they look in a safty helmet?

Only if he kept licking the windows......