Disable all phone features

hsedidin

Nov 14, 2010
How do I disable all phone features? I am strictly using the tablet with Wifi.

Whats apps can I uninstall that are for the phone?

Does anyone know how to use the front camera for chat?

Thanks,

Howard

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I would also like to know how to disable the phone features. Not that they're causing any problems, I just don't need them taking up space!

I haven't attempted to do a video chat ... but I did figure out how to take pictures with the front camera! It's simply a menu option ... I felt like a fool once I figured out how easy it was!

Pam

dnjpowell

Nov 7, 2010
YI too am using my Gtab strictly WiFi and don't need phone. However, if I could tether using Bluetooth I would probably try it!

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
Turn on airplane mode under wireless settings.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum App

Jakerawk

Dec 21, 2010
You can place the tablet into airplane mode, but you'll have to reenable the wifi afterwards.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
They are currently working on a fix for video chat using Fring, and I believe Qik is too.

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
once rooted you can use a program called "root manager" to delete any app and/or service you dont want but BE CAREFUL if you dont know what you are doing. You WILL screw up your tablet by haphazardly deleting programs. I know from experience, but know enough how to get it back up and running. I dont use mine for phone either, and will try to delete a few and let you know whats OK to delete to save space.

Turning on airplane mode will only shut off the service.

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
I wanted a widget to make toggling airplane mode a bit simpler. Tried a couple but they're not killing my TMob connection, only wifi. Airplane mode works fine via the regular menu. Anybody else have this issue or know a widget that definitely works? Thanks.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have been using Dazzle and it works real good. I can turn off the radio, put in to airplane mode and keep WiFi on.