Disabling the virtual keyboard

rydroid

Mar 29, 2012
Can anyone help i have bought a usbkeyboard case of ebay for next to nothing and it works perfectly,but everytime you use it the virtual keyboard pops up.Does anyone know of an app or setting to disable the keyboard temporarily, when using the usb keyboard? You can just press the button to hide the keyboard, but if your filling in a form it pops back up on every line which can be a pain. Any helpgreatly appreciated.

:D

rydroid

Mar 29, 2012
Can anyone help i have bought a usbkeyboard case of ebay for next to nothing and it works perfectly,but everytime you use it the virtual keyboard pops up.Does anyone know of an app or setting to disable the keyboard temporarily, when using the usb keyboard? You can just press the button to hide the keyboard, but if your filling in a form it pops back up on every line which can be a pain. Any helpgreatly appreciated.

:D
OK so I have just found a toggle under theICS keyboard setting tousea physicalkeyboard. so sorted.. sorry for posting spent a couple hours going mad to find that i had missed something obvious.

Ok sorted it by chance found that there is a toggle on ICS

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
For others not on ICS you might need to get a null keyboard app from the market.

Gald you figured it out :)