Disgo 8100 tablet boots to black screen

guywithbeer

Mar 5, 2012
Hi All

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to tablets, just bought my Disgo 8100 from play.com which I received about 4 days ago.

First day I just tested some music and video files and everything seemed to go well. Have not used tablet since, and today I can only get the tablet to boot up to a black screen. I get some kind of Android logo screen then the Disgo logo screen and then a black screen. I get the feeling the screen is powered down or some such but that the tablet is active, just not sure.

Have logged a ticket with Disgo who I am sure will take a few days to get back to me.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Guy, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. The first thing I'd check is whether the battery is charged or not.

Last edited:

guywithbeer

Mar 5, 2012
Indeed.

The tablet was fully charged on first day, then used for about 1 hour whilst i tested videos etc. I did have the tablet plugged into mains power yesterday whilst trying to boot up.

However, I believe you are correct because I left the tablet charging overnight and then this morning it seems to have worked okay.

I will check again when I go home after work, and if working okay I am going to start playing video without mains power to figure out the battery life.

Cheers

guywithbeer

Mar 5, 2012
Well, I was able to log in after leaving the Tablet to charge fully overnight, it worked okay for a few minutes then I switched it off, and when I tried it again this morning I only get the black screen again.

The battery was fully charged so it cannot be battery issue.

It does look like the tablet is on, but in some kind of powered down state?

Hopefully someone else has seen this before and can advise?

Thanks.