DLNA devices Can't reciognize the server in Home Network

simplymani

Mar 28, 2012
Hi Folks,

I have received my new sony talet s and trying the DLNA functionality. I have done everything what sony explained for the windows media player (Win 7, Version 12 ) but I couldn't recognize the server in the network.
I have also allowed intenet access to windows media player. I couldn't see any of my DLNA devices (Sony Braviy, Sony BD, Sony Tablet).

Can any one help me here.

Thanks & Regards,
Simplymani

JasHDahi

Mar 29, 2012
simplymani said:
Hi Folks,

I have received my new sony talet s and trying the DLNA functionality. I have done everything what sony explained for the windows media player (Win 7, Version 12 ) but I couldn't recognize the server in the network.
I have also allowed intenet access to windows media player. I couldn't see any of my DLNA devices (Sony Braviy, Sony BD, Sony Tablet).

Can any one help me here.

Thanks & Regards,
Simplymani

I had the same issue which resolved itself when I set up a second access point to extend my coverage using an old sky router.
Not satisfied with not knowing why I looked into all of my home networks settings and could only conclude that it is the security types that account for this issue.
My original Belkin still does not allow dlna servers to be found but connecting to the sky one allows that and also the "Throwing" functionality.
The Belkin has wpa/wpa2 and the sky wpa-pka-tkip listed against them.

Hope that helps

simplymani

Mar 28, 2012
I had the same issue which resolved itself when I set up a second access point to extend my coverage using an old sky router.
Not satisfied with not knowing why I looked into all of my home networks settings and could only conclude that it is the security types that account for this issue.
My original Belkin still does not allow dlna servers to be found but connecting to the sky one allows that and also the "Throwing" functionality.
The Belkin has wpa/wpa2 and the sky wpa-pka-tkip listed against them.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply. I have DLINK router and tried all the possibilities. I don't have other routers. I am bit confused why its not woking.

yanotf

Dec 21, 2011
I don't think this is a router issue. However some of them may block UDP packets by default. The same may be true to your windows firewall.​