Does android have good organization?

kyris

Jul 2, 2013
So, I'm looking for a new tablet, and I'm new to android - this would be my first android device, but I can't find any info on what I actually need.

So, I'll primarily be using my tablet for roleplaying - Only pretty simple stuff is needed. A PDF reader, some sort of notepad, all of which I assume an android can do. My biggest concern, however. Is organization. I'm just a little OCD when it comes to my folder and file organization so I'm concerned that it might not be up to snuff, so to speak.

Rather than try to explain my zealous organization, I'll show you.
$file organization.jpg
Basically, I have 5 different subfolders just to hold my character sheets for a single game - with ANOTHER folder just for housing all of my character sheets for every game in the same local - I have a problem. Now, I played with an android tablet for a little bit at a display, but I couldn't figure out too much in the five minutes I was there waiting for someone.

Also, can android tablets open, edit, and save interactive PDFs? Most of my character sheet PDFs are the editable kind so I can just edit and keep them on files rather than having to print them out and do it by hand. - an example of such pdf here: http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/Scion/Scion_Hero1-Page_Editable.pdf

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The answers for the questions you have is yes. Folder org, no problem but if game specific items are stored in those folders that the game needs to access that may be a poroblem. There are several (mostly paid) apps that allow you to fill in PDF files.

Nice graphic btw.

kyris

Jul 2, 2013
Any specific apps you'd recommend for that? All I need out of a PDF reader is basic stuff, being able to click bookmarks, zooming, and filling in forms when applicable.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Adobe has an Android app that should work, not only for the character sheets but the books as well. For simply reading the books, Aldiko and its capabilities may be a good choice.