Does Android hide some files from your PC?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I made a trip a while ago using the Copilot GPS navigation application. Now I want to map the GPA tracking data, but I can't find any by browsing the memory with a Windows PC. I looked for the data with an Android file explorer app, and I found the data! I finally recovered the data by emailing the data files to myself.

So does Android make certain kinds of files invisible to a desktop PC? I could understand hiding system folders or files, but why hide the GPS data?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Most of the app's data is in a system area of the Android devices. It can be seen only if you root the device.. So, yes, a lot is hidden if you aren't rooted.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
It's not too bad if you don't mind emailing files to yourself, and if their not too big (Gmail has a 10Mb limit?)

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I think I found an easy solution to un-hiding the files without rooting. Basically, it fixes Win XP to work properly with the Nexus 7 2013 in MTP mode. All I did was add a couple lines to a file called wpdmtp.inf and rebooted the windoze PC.

I added these lines to the end of the file:

[Generic.NTx86]
%GenericMTP.DeviceDesc%=MTP, USB\MS_COMP_MTP
%GenericMTP.DeviceDesc%=MTP, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E42&MI_00

Refer to this web Page for more ijformation: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 MTP with Windows XP (File Transfer from/to device) - xda-developers