Does anyone out there in Nook Color Land use OnLive?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
This just popped up OnLive Player app for iPad and Android tablets meets the public at E3 -- Engadget and I was curious if anyone on the forum utilized the service.

If so what is the experience like? I looked into it and read the reviews and for a moment toyed with the idea but in the end I couldn't justify the cash as I am not that much of a gamer.

This however is a whole different ballgame. If I can use my NC or another future :cool:Android tablet:cool: as a game controller/streamer I may be sold.

tumblr_ldo8rtgMzM1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

So if anybody has any personal feedback on the OnLive system I would love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,

Local.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i talked to the OnLive folks today at E3 - really great technology - it essentially brings highend gaming to your android or ipad device - unfortuantely for the Android, they only have the viewer at the moment - which means you can jump in an observe players playing live - kinda like ghost mode in counterstrike - however they are hard at work on developing the player which lets you play the games - the tech guy i talked to says fall timeframe. In additiona they have a bluetooth controller that can interface with your android tablet so you can control the gameplay

they had a working player client with an iPad - it was pretty cool - played homefornt on it - it was a little hard trying to control the aiming while holding the ipad - but i am sure once you get used to it it should ok - the version i played, your guy is moving automatically forward and you just move him left and right and aim the gun

it played ok and smooth/responsive - the graphics are fine - not as good as a pc but similar in my eyes to xbox

This just popped up OnLive Player app for iPad and Android tablets meets the public at E3 -- Engadget and I was curious if anyone on the forum utilized the service.

If so what is the experience like? I looked into it and read the reviews and for a moment toyed with the idea but in the end I couldn't justify the cash as I am not that much of a gamer.

This however is a whole different ballgame. If I can use my NC or another future :cool:Android tablet:cool: as a game controller/streamer I may be sold.

tumblr_ldo8rtgMzM1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

So if anybody has any personal feedback on the OnLive system I would love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,

Local.

Last edited: