Does/will any Droid Tablet have a USB port

Photobug

Feb 24, 2011
I just got a Galaxy. Sort of an impulse buy at Verizon for my B-day.

I travel 200 days a year for work. I carry a laptop with me every day. I was hoping a tablet would have been an alternative to carrying my laptop with me. With that in mind I asked if a USB input was possible for the Galaxy and the sales person pulled up an image of one online.

I feel this is crucial for me in order to leave the laptop at home. I would like to be able to upload my photos from my camera and back them up to an external hard drive or thumb drive, pull up movies or music from an external source, etc. The current configuration on the galaxy means I have to have my laptop with me. As cool as a tab is, having to carry two devices is a step in the wrong direction.

I have seen announcements for a USB input connector for the Galaxy that did not appear. Will this come out? Does another Tablet have this option?

I am tempted to return the Galaxy and wait for the next generation.

One last question. With 4G coming out from Verizon, will the next generation of tablets be faster or will the Galaxy be upgradeable to 4G speed?

cool1100

Dec 7, 2010
The Viewsonic gtab has a USB port along with most other tabs. The gtab is wifi only but I prefer that, not being tiedto carrier or contract.

Gary_O

Mar 20, 2011
The Notion Ink Adam has a 2 full-sized USB ports. However, buyer beware as they are having major delivery problems (I have been waiting 100+ days for delivery!). Looks like the upcoming Toshiba tablet has a USB port.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
My Elocity A7 pad has full usb and full Hdmi ,same processor as the Xoom. $299.00 with a 4gb internal memory ,512 ram, micro sd up to 32gb storage.