Dolphin HD v4.2

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Can someone post up the Dolphin HD v4.2 apk for me? I am setting up my NC all over again, and I can't find this one for some reason. The market has v4.3 and they developer notes say to not use it on NC. But their link for 42 isn't working.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yo face I have another off topic ? Shocking I know, My NC has been rebooting randomly, not all the time or anything just every once in a while when I click the on/off button to switch off the screen. Any ideas?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Have you tried Dolphin mini? I installed the HD version first, then I tried the mini just to see what was different. Mini loads faster and manages to save cookies where the HD version seems to have a lot of overhead and it NEVER saves a cookie for this site. I have both set to clear history/cache on exit, so I know it isn't that.. Plus, and this is the coolest part, when I go to a site, mini must broadcast that it is a desktop because I don't get some lame mobile version of the website.. You get the full site, everytime. I love that! Anywho, try mini, you might be another convert.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Yo face I have another off topic ? Shocking I know, My NC has been rebooting randomly, not all the time or anything just every once in a while when I click the on/off button to switch off the screen. Any ideas?

No i don't. I however have had a worse experience the last two days... I've been doing nothing and just had my NC give me the authorization error and reboots into nook recovery, which seems to put me back at a rooted oobe start screen - losing my current setup. Thankfully I have been working on a backup strategies thread and have a good backup. I'm just getting tired of doing it 2-3 times a day. I am working on a fresh install now and going to slowly replace my apps and settings to see if I can find the trigger.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Sorr to hear that brother, but then you are the man when it comes to recovery. Keep me posted would love to know if you find the issue.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

Local, I have been getting the same thing only without pressing the power button. It randomly reboots when going into sleep mode on its own. So it sounds like there may be a bug in the manual/auto sleep process. Perhaps something in SetCPU?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I used to have random reboot issues, but setup profiles to shut off wifi when the screen is off, and haven't had a random reboot since.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

Local, I have been getting the same issue of random rebooting but when it goes to sleep on its own, not manually pressing the pwer button. It is pretty random and doesn't happen too frequently. Sounds like there may be a bug in the manual/auto sleep process.

Possibly something SetCPU related?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Face...I have the newest version of Dolphin HD on my Nook (forgot about the problem with Dolphin HD during my last rebuild) but pinch/zoom is working just fine on mine.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Face...I have the newest version of Dolphin HD on my Nook (forgot about the problem with Dolphin HD during my last rebuild) but pinch/zoom is working just fine on mine.

Thanks, than I will wait until I have a problem maybe... I got the apk from the link LocalStain posted though and have it on the NC just in case. :)

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
@J515OP I am going to try removing/turning off some things see if I can pinpoint the issue. It didn't occur to me until you mentioned it but it does happen with the auto sleep too. Will keep you posted...

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Have you tried Dolphin mini? I installed the HD version first, then I tried the mini just to see what was different. Mini loads faster and manages to save cookies where the HD version seems to have a lot of overhead and it NEVER saves a cookie for this site. I have both set to clear history/cache on exit, so I know it isn't that.. Plus, and this is the coolest part, when I go to a site, mini must broadcast that it is a desktop because I don't get some lame mobile version of the website.. You get the full site, everytime. I love that! Anywho, try mini, you might be another convert.

+1 I use Mini too. If you are looking for a faster web browser use Dolphin Mini. Dolphin HD has way too much bloat.

Saneless

Feb 15, 2011
IMO Mini is a better browser, however, it's very difficult to switch tabs, even harder to close tabs. HD doesn't have this issue. I've sent the devs a note, we'll see what happens.

And I wouldn't say HD is bloated. I mean, it's a couple megabyte app, there's really not much to it.