Don't wanna be left in the dust

dorree1122

Aug 20, 2012
Hi everyone, my name is dorree. I am 58 years old and just got a new tablet. I have been using a lap top for some time so I know how to get around the web but the tablet thing has me perplexed. My first question to all you wonderful, smart people is: does every web site require an "app"? I mainly bought the tablet to watch netflix and right away, I failed the test. Went to try and get a netflix app and it won't do anything. I'm not understanding the purpose of the app. Could you please explain it so that even I can understand?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi dorree, and welcome

No, not every WEB site needs an app. In fact, you can browse to the Netflix site without a problem, but to watch movies the app is preferred. I'm not certain why it's not working but you may want to try uninstalling it, restart your tablet and install it again. Unfortunately I know nothing about your tablet but it seems it shouldn't be a problem.

There are a few other sites that do require a special app but not all that many. It's mostly like mail would be better using an app but you could also do WEB mail, which some people can't stand, me included.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi dorree and welcome. It would help to know what tablet you have. So you went to google Play, you looked for Netflix and pressed - installed -and after you finished to installs it, you pressed -open - and it didn't open? That's what you are trying to say? We need some help in order to help you! :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi dorree, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.