Downgrading

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
I want to downgrade my tablet to 4.1. It has been a piece of crap since the 4.2 upgrade. Can anyone tell me how?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Why not just do a factory reset? Virtually everyone who has done the reset after a major upgrade when it caused problems has been very happy with the results.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
+1 Reset. Apparently this "upgrade" was one of those "Be careful what you wish for." kind of things.:(

BTW When you get a chance, please go to your profile and fill in the Tablet / Device entry. That way folks will know which tablet you have without you having to tell them every time.

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
I've already wiped the tablet and reinstalled. I cold boot often. After reading a few forums it seems that this is not an uncommon problem. As for the model of the tablet, I thought by posting in the tf700 forum it would be understood what model it is, but i'll take your advice into consideration. By the way, can anybody help me with my request?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have a TF700 and I'm not having any problems. My suggestion would be to do the factory reset - then, when setting it back up do not allow it to sync with Google. I suspect you have one or more apps (or settings) causing you problems and Google would put those right back so you could end up with the same problem(s). Initially, install only the essential apps and do a cold boot every 5-7 installs and test it to make certain everything works well before adding more apps.

Just an fyi that for some odd reason just 1 factory reset doesn't always do everything it should and some users have needed to do 2 in a row.

biggyrat

Dec 10, 2012
I did the procedure that I found on xda developers where you wipe the tablet, reinstall and cold boot 3 times before setting anything up. It's a shame that so many people have to jump through hoops to get these things to work halfway decent without rooting. Rooting seems to be the cure for many people, but I believe that this operating system should be more stable in its stock form. I know that different phones and tablets have their own issues, but I consider Asus one of the best when it comes to computer technology. It's a pain in the ass to have to keep wiping this thing to try and get it to work right. I don't recall having these problems with 4.1. I am using the same apps as before. Regardless, I like this tablet and believe it is one of the top 3 on the market.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Well, something is going on BUT I know several TF700 users, including me, with no root and their tablets are doing great. I've never need a factory reset, so far.