"Download Unsuccessful" from Browser on Galaxy Tab

ericagoss

Jan 16, 2012
Trying to download some files for school onto my tablet (.docx, .pdf, etc.). Download begins but when I check its status, I get the message "Download Unsuccessful" without any additional information. Downloaded an app that should have allowed me to download unsupported files as I do not yet have a word processor, office software, etc... Made sure my settings will allow downloads... I also don't have an SD card yet, although I think I should be able to download files directly onto my device if I'm not mistaken...

Anyway, looked everywhere for an answer and just can't find anything directly pertaining to my situation (most people are having this issue with market downloads as opposed to browser downloads).

Really want a solution as I'd hate to lug my laptop back and forth to school!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I have had this problem before and it is usually a bad link but there are a lot that could be going on. You mentioned you had a laptop try downloading the files to that and see if the links work and then try and transfer them to your tablet. If all of that works then you know its something else. Oh and you might need an sd card which I recommend even if you don't need it.

One more thing on getjar they are offering a free app that when you do get the files on your tablet it will let you view them and edit them and stuff

Sent from my Vizio Tab/ Universal Remote

ericagoss

Jan 16, 2012
links are good, and i can file transfer. however, id prefer to download them directly onto my tablet without having to transfer from my pc. i downloaded the docs to go app, but that isnt giving me any success downloading my word docs, pdfs, etc.
i should probably mention that other downloads work such as market apps, music (using an app, not browser).
thanks for the reply and advice, ill be purchasing an sd card this wee

ericagoss

Jan 16, 2012
just tried opening the files after downloading firefox and it worked (i was previously using both the default browser and dolphin hd). hopefully this thread helps someone else having the same issue!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
One of the reasons I use Opera is its ability to download from almost any source.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition