Downloading apps onto a zenithink 280 c91

Apr 12, 2012
I have just purchased a zenithink 280 c91 with android 4.0 but I cannot download the Facebook app or draw something free app it tells me these apps are not compatible ? Any suggestions ? Thanks

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
Lol, those are the two specific apps that I am desperately waiting for.

The mobile version of Facebook, on the stock browser ( I prefer and use dolphin HD) is actually faster and more responsive and far less "buggy" than their app on my Samsung Galaxy S2!

Sent from my ZT ICS using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

carpengui

Apr 6, 2012
Google Play simply doesn't offer you the apps that are incompatible. I guess that's good, but this sometimes causes confusion... for instance, I was using twicca on my 2.3.4 phone. It's not available for my tablet under 4.0, but a bazillion plug-ins for it ARE available... making it difficult to discover that the base application isn't, in fact, on the list.
(I'm not crazy about tweetcaster, btw, but it appears to be the best available option)

On the other hand, there are things like "Let's Golf", which is available, but tells you right away upon launching that it's not compatible.
Netflix: everything about it seems to work except for the pesky problem of movies failing to run for more than a minute.

I know that's not really what you asked about (as I'm not a facebooker), but there's a couple of thoughts anyway.

samy67

Jun 23, 2012
Hi , the reason of the incompatibility is that our tablet does not support the GPS system, and Facebook requiere it, that's why he told you that you can't install it
follow this few steps and it will be good :) :

1 : go on settings - applications- all - and stop Google services Framework, and erase all data
2 : go on setting - applications - all - and stop the Play Store, and erase all data
3. Go on ES file Explorer - setting - enable "root explorer" and "mount file system"
4. extract this files xmlfiles.zip in /system/etc/permissions on your tablet
5. reboot
6. Enjoy :)

Bobbles

Jul 1, 2012
Hi,

I have bought 3 of these (3rd on it's way) and I was able to download and install the Facebook app on both the ones that have arrived. The only problem I had was updating Maps which gave a message that the package wasn't properly signed and to unload the previous version.
Sadly this isn't possible as it's a preinstalled app.
Following advice from the supplier I reset to factory (no joy) then reinstalled the BIOS/OS, still no joy with maps, but now I can't install the Facebook (and other) apps.
So I imagine there has been some "post install" tweaking to allow Facebook and other apps to install and work that isn't part of the ROM file.
I can only assume yours hasn't been tweaked. I got mine from ebelking.
Cheers

Bobbles

Jul 1, 2012
Hi samy67,

Didn't see your reply before I posted, I try that myself when I get home.

On another matter (since you seem to be knowledgable), do you know any way to allow me to update Maps?

As posted before I get a message saying the file isn't correctly signed and to uninstall the previous version, which I am unable to do.

Many thanks

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
I own an Upgraded C91 and my wife owns an Idolian TouchTab 10 (Same tablet, different name). I've also set up three other C91s as well. All of these are running ICS 4.03.

No, the Google Play Store does not support Facebook for our tablets. However, if you go into the menu and run "App installer", you should be able to find and install a working copy of Facebook there. If it's not there, or doesn't work, let me know. I'll send you a copy of the apk.

Rob

Last edited:

samy67

Jun 23, 2012
Hi samy67,

Didn't see your reply before I posted, I try that myself when I get home.

On another matter (since you seem to be knowledgable), do you know any way to allow me to update Maps?

As posted before I get a message saying the file isn't correctly signed and to uninstall the previous version, which I am unable to do.

Many thanks

hi i'm sorry, i don't understand what you want. You are talking about the google app Maps? and what you have to do to update it?

i recommand you to go in the settings menu >> applications>> Maps >> force it to stop, erase data >> uninstall it and go to the google play and download it again. But first do the tutorial to allow some permissions :)

Last edited:

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
The Zenithink C91 will run the installed version of maps just fine. Together with street view I'm able to stroll down the streets of just about any place in the world and sight see. The latest version of maps has a problem. If you try to install it, you get an error message saying that the certificate is not properly signed, and to uninstall and reinstall the software. The Zenithink will not allow the uninstall! The only thing I can see to do about this is to post reviews on the Google store. I'm sure that Google will check these and eventually get this straightened out.

In the meantime, enjoy Google Maps and Street View.

Rob

tonyhe

Aug 9, 2012
I own an Upgraded C91 and my wife owns an Idolian TouchTab 10 (Same tablet, different name). I've also set up three other C91s as well. All of these are running ICS 4.03.

No, the Google Play Store does not support Facebook for our tablets. However, if you go into the menu and run "App installer", you should be able to find and install a working copy of Facebook there. If it's not there, or doesn't work, let me know. I'll send you a copy of the apk.

Rob

Kingsman: can you post a link or PM me a copy of a working Facebook .apk? Thanks!

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hey Tony

Have you applied the latest update from Zenithink, seems to have addressed these issues?

Cheers
Bas