Downloading apps

dmiller3441

Sep 20, 2010
I just received a 10" ZT-180 ePad Google Androi 2.1 Tablet. I understand that these Chinese clone tablets do NOT work with Market.

How do I download apps?

I have an iPod Touch and use it alot to browse the internet, mainly read news websites and play a few games. The tablet came with no manual, but I figured out how to put an icon on the Home Page to go directly to some Favorite websites. Many of the apps I use on the iPod are mobile versions of the website and I have been able to create the icon to use just like the iPod app, but there are some apps I would like to download and can't figure that out.

Also, I am looking for Word and Excel readers, a Calendar and Contact app and be able to sync with my Outlook. Where can I find these?

Any Help will be appreciated.

</H1>
</H1>

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Like at the thread "how to side load apps if your market won't work" that will tell you how to load apps there are tons of apps that do what you want just google what you want.

dmiller3441

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks. I have been able to find and download some apps.

As I understand it, in order to sync a calendar with you need to have a gmail account. Is this correct? Also is this the same for the Contact List/Address book?

Does anyone have a Contact List/Address Book they would like to recommend?

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
As I understand it, in order to sync a calendar with you need to have a gmail account. Is this correct? Also is this the same for the Contact List/Address book?
Yes, Android usually sync with GMail/Google Contacts. However, to have that feature, the tablet manufacturer must be licensed by Google to use that integration. Same thing with Android Market.
Many small manufacturers don't partner with Google, and have no GMail/Contacts integration.
Some doesn't care, and leave the Google integration bits activated in their Android builds even if they aren't partners.
And then, some (few) are actually partners with Google, and have the full Google experience.
If you don't have Android Market, you surely don't have GMail/Contacts sync. Unless someone makes a rom for your tablet with those parts activated.