Driving me crazy stream to tablet help

deadmaninc

Oct 31, 2011
Hello, new to the forum. Here's what i wish to do, i know it has to be possible, and i am missing it, but after searching for a week now have not found a solution. I have a media pc that i use for all my watching tv and entertainment. in the process of replacing a harmony 900 remote with a tablet. just purchased an hp touch pad that i will be converting to android upon arrival. Bought the harmony link.

Now my purpose for this tablet and its main function will be as a media remote. I have toyed around with my phone and am fairly confident i can get most of it to work. However, my dream so to speak would be to be able to stream in real time what i am watching on my tv (via media Pc) to the tablet with sound. I have tried a few remote desktop apps and usually run into the same few problems, A. it logs off the computer, can have this as someone else may be watching tv too. B. Video is very choppy, has no sound, and not watchable due to pixelation.

I know i could just go to whatever site i am streaming on the tablet but there has to be an easier way. Someone please put me out of my misery. Thanks for the help.

D

dvdcatalyst

I think Snapstream Beyond TV, a mediacenter-replacement app, should be able to do what you need it to do.

Its been a while since I last used it, but it was the only app at the time that would let me watch live tv on a pocket pc, and let me switch channels.
It has grown quite a bit more powerful since then.

deadmaninc

Oct 31, 2011
I think Snapstream Beyond TV, a mediacenter-replacement app, should be able to do what you need it to do.

Its been a while since I last used it, but it was the only app at the time that would let me watch live tv on a pocket pc, and let me switch channels.
It has grown quite a bit more powerful since then.

Thanks for the reply, i am looking into this. to clarify for other readers,

I run a program called XBMC on media pc, i don't have cable or anything, all content is streamed offline. I guess what i am trying to find is a program that i could run in the background that would push whatever is being displayed from graphics card to tablet preferably with sound but if i had to i could live with just a good picture.

Thanks for the help so far

D

dvdcatalyst

Thanks for the reply, i am looking into this. to clarify for other readers,

I run a program called XBMC on media pc, i don't have cable or anything, all content is streamed offline. I guess what i am trying to find is a program that i could run in the background that would push whatever is being displayed from graphics card to tablet preferably with sound but if i had to i could live with just a good picture.

Thanks for the help so far

for that, probably splashtop hd would be the best option.