dRom

What would you like to see in the next dRom?

• Kernel Tweaks(comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • build.prop tweaks(comment)

• V6 Supercharger

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other(comment)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
Hello all, I recently bought a d2pad. I have not had success with cm so for now i'm posting a basic rom I made based on the stock rom from d2pad.info.

Features:
120 lcd density
apex launcher by default
supersu
gapps
english by default
init.d support
minfree tweaks
sqlite vacuuming on boot

Coming:
Here is cwr: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-biglots-how-backup-install-cw-recovery.html
TWRP: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/allwinner-a10-based/54347-dev-wip-twrp-d2pad.html
dRom 0.0.6.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?lo8nbw7672cbk
feel free to ask questions

For models beside the two with software on d2pad.info I'll need a system dump.

Last edited:

jc32

Nov 11, 2012
I also have the D2 pad, and I used your previous work to get the CW recovery on there and running. I am downloading your dRom to try that. My only question is did you have any problems with your Kindle App? I can't get it to work right. Books pull up as a blank screen. I suspect it has to do with the screen resolution which I read about elsewhere. It looks like this dRom might fix it, but I was curious to know if you had this problem before, and if you are still having it now. Also, does this include Google Playstore?

Last edited:

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
I don't use kindle, but the playstore one does work. And kindle is not built-in. Yes, playstore is included.

Sent from my LGL55C using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I also have the D2 pad, and I used your previous work to get the CW recovery on there and running. I am downloading your dRom to try that. My only question is did you have any problems with your Kindle App? I can't get it to work right. Books pull up as a blank screen. I suspect it has to do with the screen resolution which I read about elsewhere. It looks like this dRom might fix it, but I was curious to know if you had this problem before, and if you are still having it now. Also, does this include Google Playstore?
You may need this update to fix kindle problems. DII PAD_BK

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
Not sure, I had that problem on monday, but it worked before. can you post a logcat? I'm not at my tablet till like 5 hours from now, but I might be able to help meanwhile.

Smidget

Nov 12, 2012
Not sure, I had that problem on monday, but it worked before. can you post a logcat? I'm not at my tablet till like 5 hours from now, but I might be able to help meanwhile.

I rebooted a couple of times and it went away, sorry to "alarm" you ;) Working great otherwise!

Is there any way to change the density on the fly or is that a one time change? And what lower (meaning bigger icons) can it be changed to?

Thank you again! Awesome work.

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
I rebooted a couple of times and it went away, sorry to "alarm" you ;) Working great otherwise!

Is there any way to change the density on the fly or is that a one time change? And what lower (meaning bigger icons) can it be changed to?

Thank you again! Awesome work.

I haven't had luck with the apps, but you can try, or else you can change ro.sf.lcd_density in /system/build.prop.

Smidget

Nov 12, 2012
All that ended up doing was making me have to change it back. Oh well! Just giving it to some kids for their Xmas presents and want to get it ready for them. I am trying to put a "Brave" wallpaper, 800x430 cropped on my own end and no luck. What am I missing? As you can tell, I'm new to Android lol Thanks so much though, it's awesome.

jfellon

Nov 13, 2012
Having problems with the kernel on drom model 209b when I try to adjust the governer or io shreader it freezes and resets n the settings don't stick

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
I've had trouble with cpu controls, and can you upload the original image?

Sent from my LGL55C using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

WoweeRobert

Dec 29, 2011
Hello all, I recently bought a d2pad. I have not had success with cm so for now i'm posting a basic rom I made based on the stock rom from d2pad.info.

Features:
120 lcd density
apex launcher by default
supersu
gapps
english by default
init.d support
minfree tweaks
sqlite vacuuming on boot

Coming:
UV
08xxxxxx support
More cpu governors
New theme
some framework mods
either dsp manager or beats not sure yet
Here is cwr: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-biglots-how-backup-install-cw-recovery.html
dRom 0.0.6.1: My Files
feel free to ask questions

May I have instructions on installing this? I assume it's a ROM... I am new to this, I'm accustomed to single files, and I see 5 files on your link.

Please tell me what to do.

Thanks.

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
May I have instructions on installing this? I assume it's a ROM... I am new to this, I'm accustomed to single files, and I see 5 files on your link.

Please tell me what to do.

Thanks.

1. download drom and place it on your sdcard Link here
2. download hack pack and unrar it with winrar Link here
3. install adb driver when tablet is plugged in so your pc can "talk" to the tab this should be in the hack pack in google adb folder(this is a win7(x64) driver)
$8983d1352927081-rom-d2pad-sn_d201208bxxxxx-untitled-2.jpg
after running the 3 bat files in the hack pack you should be in recovery
4. wipe everything except your sdcard and install drom